PDA

View Full Version : just got my mag and need some help!

FactsOfLife
05-20-2002, 03:20 PM
OK, I just got my mag pf/hl and have some questions, where are these service stars on the valve I keep reading about? And to a more serious question, when I gas up my mag(Co2 anti-syphoned) and pull the trigger, it seems like it's shooting about 3-4 shots per pull. any ideas?

paint magnet
05-20-2002, 03:31 PM
I don't own a mag, but I think the stars are on towards the back of the valve (the silver part sticking out the back of the body; it should say AutoMag or AutoMag Classic on it), close to the bottom and on the left side. They look like little brown outlines of stars. As for the CO2, I'm just guessing, but is your tank full?

paint magnet
05-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Is it actually double firing, or is it just sputtering?

paint magnet
05-20-2002, 03:33 PM
If it's sputtering, it might be a result of running CO2, but if it's double firing and your tank is full, I don't know.

a_malfunction
05-20-2002, 03:53 PM
And does it only happen when you gas it up or every time you pull the trigger? If it happens every time, then You need to check the sear and bolt for excess wear. You might need to replace them.

FrAuStY
05-20-2002, 04:06 PM
Another question,
was that anti-siphon tank setup for that mags ASA or for a different marker? If it wasn't setup for that specific marker then it may be sucking up liquid Co2 through the anti-siphon tube. Try another tank.. preferably a nitro (HPA) tank.

FactsOfLife
05-20-2002, 04:26 PM
the anti syphon is set up for that asa, HPA is not an option.

it sounds more like it's sputtering not double or triple firing.

it happens every time the trigger is pulled.

guess I don't have any stars left on this valve. looks like a rebuild may be in order?

FactsOfLife
05-20-2002, 09:55 PM
still need some help guys!

FactsOfLife
05-21-2002, 12:35 PM
UP!

ShooterJM
05-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Is it new or used? Check the on/off oring.

FactsOfLife
05-21-2002, 01:37 PM
it's used. I'll check the o ring. it's also stuttering and then the bolt sticks forward. new symptom...

ShooterJM
05-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
it's used. I'll check the o ring. it's also stuttering and then the bolt sticks forward. new symptom...

Cool. Bolt stick is pretty simple remedy, just switch out your power tube spacer with a slightly longer one. Do this first and see if the sputtering is taken care of too.

FactsOfLife
05-21-2002, 02:20 PM
think I may have found my problem....

I took apart the valve assy and looked at the on/off assy itself, from the online exploded view it looks like there is supposed to be two orings one butyrate rubber type and one teflon type between the bottom piece and the on off valve. they're missing. not good. so a rebuild is in order.

thanks for your help guys, it's appreciated.

ShooterJM
05-21-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
think I may have found my problem....

I took apart the valve assy and looked at the on/off assy itself, from the online exploded view it looks like there is supposed to be two orings one butyrate rubber type and one teflon type between the bottom piece and the on off valve. they're missing. not good. so a rebuild is in order.

thanks for your help guys, it's appreciated.

Um by rebuild I hope you mean just buying a parts kit. :D Not sure how much a full valve rebuild costs, but I bet it's not as cheap a $20 parts kit. Should have all the o rings you need, some extras and a nubbin or two. good luck man!

FactsOfLife
05-21-2002, 02:33 PM
yep, I'm getting the mini mag/automag rebuild kit, it's about 20 bucks includes all the orings a couple of nubbins and the missing orings that I need. might as well make it all fresh...:D

FrAuStY
05-21-2002, 07:00 PM
MAKE SURE ITS AN AGD PARTS KIT!

FactsOfLife
05-23-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by FrAuStY
MAKE SURE ITS AN AGD PARTS KIT!

of course! anything less is sacrilege!:D

paint magnet
05-23-2002, 05:15 PM
Why would a valve repair cost anything if you still had stars on it?

FactsOfLife
05-23-2002, 05:18 PM
because I don't have stars on it. I obtained my mag well used. with some tender loving care and some careful rebuilding, it'll be slingin paint soon...