PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 mod, what exactly is it?

brainsquirm
05-20-2002, 06:30 PM
I saw a few posts about the lvl 10 mod, that it was probably some sort of new valve. Others say to me it's a new bolt. If it is a completely new valve then it's definitaly gonna be expensive (just look at the retro). I'm still not sure what lvl 10 mod exactly is.
A while ago i asked for some info on the superbolt at AGD-UK and this is what they said:

'We are not selling the U.S. version of the Super Bolt here at the moment, as there have been a few teething problems with the sleeves wearing prematurely. AGD U.S. have shipped to customers in the U.S. only, so that these intial problems can be solved quickly.
We are however just finalising a newer version of the bolt, which does not have the replaceable sleeves.
We will introduce the new bolt, along with a new bolt spring, and P/tube tip very shortly.'

Could this so-called 'new bolt' be the lvl 10?

Well i guess all i can do is anxiously wait untill agd finally announces it.

athomas
05-21-2002, 11:05 AM
It is possible that this technology is part of the level 10 upgrade.

The level 10 is an upgrade on all existing mag valves including the retro. It involves a bolt and power tube o-ring kit to decrease the bolt speed and therefore make the mag less likely to break fragile paint.