PDA

View Full Version : Is "Survivor" Rigged?

StuDawggie
05-20-2002, 09:28 PM
Okay, I'm posing this question after watching the trends in the past 4 "Survivor"s. Let's look at the facts and the winners...

Season 1) Richard Hatch - Middle aged white guy, from suburbia, with a middle income.

Season 2) Tina Wesson - Middle aged mother of 2, atypical family in the country. once again middle class player

Season 3) Ethan Zohn - Young almost middle aged, white guy, minorty religion (Jewish).

Season 4) Vecepia Towery - Middle aged, middle incomed office manager, also a minority (African American).

Now looking at the trends of the winners it's M,F,M,F, and also the last 2 were I guess what one could refer to as people from a minority. I don't know maybe it's just me but from the looks of it, it apears that this so called "Game" is rigged to seem random, but is just planned out well in advance. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way as I do.

the JoKeR
05-20-2002, 09:43 PM
America is too sue happy, and there are laws against fixing "contests" like this. CBS is stupid, but they aren't dumb. I'd say it's real.
Anybody remember first season's Sue (truckdriver from Wisconsin)? My co-worker's cousin is her husband. Got a chance to meet him a couple times, and from our discussions, I'd again say it's real.

AcemanPB
05-23-2002, 09:51 PM
i was thinking the EXACT same thing StuDawggie, but it would be stupid for CBS to fix it but it's kinda odd how those people won

FactsOfLife
05-23-2002, 10:05 PM
please, all the weak people vote off the strong? where's the survivor in that?

Here's the script according to Facts:

Day One:
Everybody shows up on the desert island.

Night One:
Everybody goes to sleep to dream their dreamy little dreams.

Day Two:
Pan the camera to see all the other contestants up to their necks in sand or trussed to the nearest palm trees.
Camera angle widens to show Facts Voting to see which one gets eaten first....

StuDawggie
05-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
i was thinking the EXACT same thing StuDawggie, but it would be stupid for CBS to fix it but it's kinda odd how those people won

THe Reason I was going with that line of thought CBS could say: "okay everyone get's a paid 39 day vacation somewhere, you just have to make it look like it's a survival game, and follow the basic premise of the game. The winner is going to be (place name of contestant here) so just dont' vote them out. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH."

I'm glad to see people agree with me on this one. Sorry Joker, but the it's the votes that count and the tribe has spoken.

Rueben_the_wanderer
05-24-2002, 01:14 AM
The only way it's real, is if they handpick the *****iest people possible. I wouldn't mess with the "I saw him eating a candy bar" bullcrap. I'd be more concerned with finding food and surviving. People with sense in their head don't whine, they get crap done. I'm sure that's why I wouldn't be on the show. I'd try to get along with people, and wouldn't try and get under people's skin. And I certainly wouldn't walk around naked...

StuDawggie
05-24-2002, 05:42 PM
I'm just wondering since we're talking about rigged shows, did anyone see "Celebrty Deathmatch" last night? It was the Survivors from the first 2 seasons. I have to admit they depicted the players (if you want to call them that) pretty well.

~Backdraft~
05-24-2002, 08:24 PM
i have had a conversation with someone who has talked to one of the contestents on surviver...it was that guys who burned his hands in the fire...anyway, it is definately real. Its not like when the cameras go off they get food and a nice place to sleep. The contestents actually have to find there own food and and things like that, really living in the out doors. Thats why its called SURVIVOR. anyway, i believe em and think its real, however, i'm not a big fan of the show.

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 11:21 PM
I think it is

WARPED1
05-25-2002, 12:12 PM
It's not rigged,but the producers "encourage" you for who to vote for.

rjvemt1
05-25-2002, 09:09 PM
your mfmf theory is flawed in that, in the second season, the only reason that tina won is because kieth femke was such an a-hole that colby would rather take second place than go into the final two with kieth. if he had gone into the final two with kieth he would have definetly won! and in this season the only reason that pappy went out when he did is because of pure chance(the bag grab!)

Vegeta
05-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Your M,F,M,F theory is worng... Why? Becuase the first dude was GAY. I swear he was corn-hole-n' that one d00d... eeeewwwwwwwwwwww

Vegeta
05-26-2002, 04:58 PM
And on teh first season- did you see how that when htey did the challenges, one tribe won, then next week the otehr tribe won,. tehn the next week the otehr team won.. so on and so forth... that way down to the end BOTH tribes hadh te same number of ppl right b4 they combined the tribes..... hmmmmmm,.. RIGGED

xmetal2001
05-27-2002, 09:50 PM
I'd say its not as rigged as you think, but its also not as real as you think. They aren't as survivorish as they make it seem on camera, but when their hungy they dont go over to the camera guy and get a burger.

MCollier
05-29-2002, 09:38 PM
I agree with Xmetal. Its survivorish to an extent, except if anything really bad happens you get medvacced to some hosiptal, and CBS pays a few million for the best doctors in the world to come make sure you live and dont sue the piss out of em. All they endure is a little starvation, children in Mozambique starve pretty much their entire lives. Nothing that bad happens to people on survivor.

StuDawggie
06-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Well I guess the AO Tribe has spoken, and the "game" is rigged to a degree...
hmmm let's predict who will win the 5th survivor....I'll post after I see the first episode of the new season, and know who the contestants are.