PDA

View Full Version : ACE? Is it really necessary?

Top Secret
05-20-2002, 10:23 PM
What is your opinion on AntiChop Eye technology? Personally I don't see a need for it as I haven't chopped a ball in nearly a year through my Emag. What do you guys think?

KamikazePenguin
05-20-2002, 10:37 PM
I voted yes.

I, also, have never chopped a ball in my e-mag, but I also have it limited to 11BPS for that very reason. It would be nice to push that back up to 16BPS and still not worry about firing too fast because I could rely on my ACE. Once I get around to ordering my 90 degree adapter for my warp-feed, it won't be an issue anymore; but I play tournies and off the break you could use all of the speed you can get.

paintball8869
05-20-2002, 10:37 PM
i've found a properly functioning ace is essential for me. I usually fire around 10-12 bps in bursts. never really for a long time, but when i need to i rip on the trigger of my intimidators. I've turned the eyes off, but i tend to shoot about 17 bps walking the trigger with the guns and blend paint. So i need the ACE. Some who shoot slower don't. I've got guys on my team who shoot angels wihtout them and have no problems. I used to shoot a dark angel for about 1 week, and got rid of it because i chopped balls like crazy with it (rof screen said 15 on it, so i think that was the problem). I guess i just like to be able to rip on the trigger as fast as i can when i need to and know that i'm not going to chop because i have an ACE to save me :)

liigod
05-21-2002, 01:53 AM
hell yes, i will only own guns that have them. F5s and timmys. I wont even use an impulse because their eye isnt good enough. matrixes, no eye, cockers, only if im working on them, mags nope, emag nope. Gotta have that eye my friend. When im playign im too busy shooting people to mess with a ball break.

Pand0ra
05-21-2002, 04:58 AM
No if you've got a warpfeed. Otherwise yes
I've played more than one years now with my Emag. I never shopped a ball, except the last one when emptying the loader.
I'm firing at 12bps steady over a full loader. Without the warp it would be paintshop city lol. The ACE could help also.

Patron God of Pirates
05-21-2002, 08:19 AM
I'm just not an electro fan. So it is a matter of preference. I don't even like the fact that my Warp and Revy run on batteries.

RT_Luver
05-21-2002, 08:38 AM
I asked this very same question a long time ago, and one person came up with a great answer. ACE is like insurance, you don't always need it but it comes in handy every once in awhile.

wyn1370
05-21-2002, 09:13 AM
it's the only reason I got an intimidator, then I liked it so much I got another one. If tom could get the ace working on the extremes I would have gotten one of them.

Croix71
05-21-2002, 09:17 AM
I see the ACE as being helpful. The only problem I see is if for some reason it malfunctions (no matter what paintballs you use) and it keeps thinking that a paintball is not there causing your marker to not fire. I'm sure there'll be a way to turn it on/off so as to prevent this.

I'm only mentioning this because I had a problem with my kill switch in my car and it malfunctioned. No matter what I did my car wouldn't turn on. I had to get it towed to the dealer where they had to disconnect it. No big deal really, but I had to miss work because of it.

BlackVCG
05-21-2002, 09:50 AM
ACE is just a temporary fix to keep guns from chopping because the gun fire rate is far above the hopper feed rate right now. The only loading systems that will keep up with just about everything out there are the HALO B and the Warp Feed. Once more integrated guns get developed with feed systems that match the ROF of the gun, ACE will be a fad from the past.

Hysperion
05-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Well when I had my sfl it had the ACE and it didn't work very well....I would still chop with it. Yes, the ACE was turned on :)

BlackVCG
05-21-2002, 02:09 PM
That's odd. Because none of the SFLs that were sold to the general public had ACE in them. Unless you got special treatment, your gun didn't have ACE. Even though the board let you turn it on, doesn't mean it was in the gun.

AcemanPB
05-21-2002, 06:02 PM
yes i believe are good i've seen people play with thier impulses when they forgot to turn the eye on and they just really chop

like what other people said, it's just insurance

the only negative i could think of is not being able to use black paint (my friend had some half black and half white balls and it drove his impulse insane)

wyn1370
05-22-2002, 07:32 AM
the paint issue is only on certian eyes. my timmy eyes have no problem with any of the color shells I've put through them.

paintball8869
05-22-2002, 10:40 AM
The issue with paint not being read by certain eyes is the use of a reflective eye, versus one eye sending a signal and the other eye receiving.

The "send and receive" eyes are the better of the two. This is because the only way the gun will shoot is for there to be a break in the signal (aka a ball drops into the breech and blocks the path of the beam coming from the sending eye and going to hte receiving eye). Since the receiving eye does not receive anything, there is a ball in the chamber (paint can affect this, such as broken paint, and the bolt moving too fast can also do this).

The reflective eye is not as good because it relies on the ball being reflective. It sends the beam/signal out from the eye to hit the ball. In reflective balls, the beam will bounce off of the ball and return to the eye (same eye that sent the signal). If it receives the signal back, then it fires. If it does not receive a signal, it won't fire (will evenutally fire, but is delayed considerably). This type of eye does not work well with darker colored paints as the paint absorbs teh beam of light sent to it, thus no reflection and considerable delay before it fires.

The "send and receive" eyes are what the timmy uses. The impulse, bushmaster, defiant, etc use the single reflective eye. That's why i love my timmy, i could shoot anythign i want through it without worrying :)

Hysperion
05-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Please don't insult my intelligence...My gun did have the ace because I sent it in to agd and even saul said it was breaking alot, so they put in an ace and I got it back....it has since been sold so I don't really care......