PDA

View Full Version : I'm At My Wits End With My Sydarm!!!

SqueegeeKid
05-21-2002, 02:34 AM
OK, i'm having some serious problems with my recently purchased Sydarm and i'm hoping i can get some help here.

As soon as i put a 12grm in my gun it empties out the barrel.

I called AGD and the guy didn't know alot about Sydarms, apparently they get shipped off to another company to get fixed whenever they do get sent back (Perfect Circle?) so he sent me some spacers for the problem. It didn't help. I also replaced every o-ring in it (except the 2 big ones on the valve, but it looks like they're just there to prevent CO2 from flying out the back.

I noticed the on/off assembly liked to poke out the mainbody and i had to tear off the trigger frame, and push the pin back in so i could take the valve out. So i replaced that on/off assembly with the one in my normal Mag (they looked the same) no change.I also tried another sear, rail and trigger frame from my other mag. Still screwing up.

I'm not wanting to send my Sydarm away and i was hoping i could get some kind of insight into what my problem is so i could get it fixed myself. I was hoping it was some dead part (it's pretty bloody old) i could replace, but i have no clue what part it could be.

Paintballer86
05-21-2002, 06:03 AM
Well, if ya dont get it fixed, I will give ya $20 BUCKS for it. :D

than205
05-21-2002, 07:06 AM
I'm wondering if the on/off pin is missing the sear. (slipping by) Is there any side to side sloppiness (like 1/16" +) when you have the sear in the rail? This is all based on the assumtion that the Sydarm is similar to the regular Mag.

SqueegeeKid
05-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, i checked out both my markers (Mag and Sydarm)
The sear has the same amount of side-to-side play. My Mag works fine.

Before i tried my Sydarm with the Sear, Rail, Bolt and Triggerframe from my Mag and nothing helped.

Went through a ton of 12grams!!

Another thing i noticed is that sometimes the Sydarm won't pierce the 12grm, not sure if it's the gun or the cheap CO2.

I think i'm going to send it to AGD to get fixed up.

blackmag3
05-22-2002, 07:19 PM
just curious where did you get your sydarm? anyone know where i could get one? thanks

rjvemt1
05-22-2002, 07:36 PM
i'll give you 30$;)

TransMan
05-22-2002, 08:10 PM
is the bolt catching the sear is either one of them worn down try pushng the bolt in with a squeegee or summin to get the bolt to catch

all these thngs stem from normal mags i know nothing about sydarms so i am most likley wrong

minimag187
05-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Make sure the valve is pushing all the way in from the back, just to try it out, push as hard as u can from the back and put a 12 gram in it at the same time. I had the same problem. The field strip screw may need to be really tight and have someone push on it, or the screw at the back needs the little metal pieces that fit in there.

SqueegeeKid
05-22-2002, 11:14 PM
I'll try that out minimag187.

Looking at the Sydarm it has most of the parts a normal Mag does, only the Valve and body are different. At least in my eyes.

30 bucks? Tack on a few hundred and when i'm addicted to crack and need money for a fix we can talk. Until then i'm keeping it till i die. Even if it is dinked.

And i bought it off a guy at this forum. He said it would need some service so i'm not dissapointed.

TransMan
05-23-2002, 05:26 AM
what did you give for it?

than205
05-23-2002, 07:15 AM
I've had time to think about my earlier post. There really very little chance of there being that much slop. (my stupid) It does sound like it's blowing right past or through the on/off.
Just fishing around here. It might be that the on/off is put together wrong or is missing a part or two. Or that the seat on the piercing side for the co2 is somehow miss aligned. (not very likely, also)

And finally, isn't Perfect Circle Tom's other business?
Best of luck!
Do us a favor and post a pic after you fix it!

SqueegeeKid
05-25-2002, 01:15 AM
I think i found out the problem, not sure though.
I changed the powertube spacer back to the original one (225 i think it said) and changed all the orings in the on/off again. Perhaps the new ones i put in the first time were dinked or i messed it up during re-assembly.

I put in a 12grm and it seemed to work. After a few shots i lit it up a bit and i think i froze it up. I know Mag's are bad with CO2 and i read on here that Sydarms are no exception. Not enjoying large strings of firing.

I'll find out tomorrow if it is fixed or not.

I feel rather stupid about it all, but i was changing things on it so much i might have overlooked something at the beginning. 1 bloody o-ring giving me so much grief! Argg!

I would put a pic up, but i have nowhere to host it from.
And i gave my left arm for it (600) but it came with a working pump kit which is equally hard to find.

Will Wood
05-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Try to use that free hunting pics or whatever....I don't know.

MagNumPI
05-25-2002, 05:06 PM
Do the sydarms have thge spring behind the spacer or an oring? I posted a solution o nanother thread that fixed my barrel leaking. Take the spacer out and is the oring there (if there is one in that model), if not it was probabley pushed into the air chamber, use a dental pick and take it out, and replace. What is happening ithink is liquid C)2 causes the orings to expand a bit and as the bolt slides down the PT it catches the oring and pushes it into the air chamber. Just a solution incase you were still stumped..

Zen
05-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Good lord! 600 for a sydarm? I guess im not gonna be getting one anytime soon then....

Cha0tic
05-26-2002, 04:13 PM
they usually go for 500, but he got one with a pump kit installed i think.