PDA

View Full Version : Tom I need Help

Danielgleason
05-21-2002, 11:24 AM
I have a problem and really need some help. I looking at an E-mag. ( I love the Gun ) The only problem is the trigger frame. I need it to be Left Handed. I have played a couple of times with a vertical feed E-mag, but the switchs are on the wrong side for someone left handed. I called airguns but they don't offer a trigger frame that is for a left handed person. I love the Gun and would buy one today if I could make it left handed. I know you may think that this isn't a big problem, but if you move the switch any the gun doesn't shoot, and for someone left handed your hand sits right on the switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Daniel Gleason

BlackVCG
05-21-2002, 11:46 AM
I'm left handed and I use an E-Mag. I also know there are a lot of other people out there that use the E-Mag and are left-handed. In all honesty, your hand doesn't disturb the switch. I guess it depends on how you hold the gun. What I do is I use the far back position so the selector switch is pointed straight back for E-Mode and straight forward for Manual Mode. You could also build a different selector switch so it's not as easy to bump. Either way, it's not that big of an issue. You'll learn to play and not disturb it.

I will say that building a left handed trigger frame is just not economical. There are no "true left" paintball guns on the market. It's just something we have to deal with.

ciaran.mooney
05-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Its discrimination i tell you! The righties are jealous of us lefties!

sniper1rfa
05-21-2002, 08:50 PM
you know us righties are far superior, after all, everything is made for us, right? ;) :cool:

AGD
05-22-2002, 03:15 AM
Sorry Daniel, we just don't do the volume to be able to afford left handed versions.

AGD

odd1
05-22-2002, 04:08 AM
I wish some one would come up with a left handed hammer because i am sick of hitting my thumb!!!!

AcemanPB
05-22-2002, 08:04 AM
left handed people on average are smarter ya know.... but thier average life expectency is lower :confused:

btw i'm a lefty and yes we are the overlooked minority

Ultimator
05-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Well consider it this way ... only 15 out of every 100 people are left handed ... you're part of a minority.

I, however, am a rightie :)

Danielgleason
05-22-2002, 09:09 AM
Well I really want an e-mag but if there isn't a way to make it left handed. I guess I'll hae to buy something else. I know there really aren't any left handed gun on the market, but there are several left handed freindly gun. (impy, angel, B2k, Timmies) just to name a few. It's really to bad. I've been shooting a mag or RT Pro for years now. and really like the guns, I just need to go to an eletric marker. Thanks Tom. Maye someday you'll see the light of having a more user friendly gun.

" You cann't tell me that right handed players don't have some of the same problems shooting the gun left handed. "

BlackVCG
05-22-2002, 09:38 AM
How do you think all of the people that are left handed and have E-Mags get by? Obviously they don't have problems because you are the FIRST person to complain about it. It's really not that BIG of an issue.

shartley
05-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Black brings up a good point:

I'm left handed and I use an E-Mag. I also know there are a lot of other people out there that use the E-Mag and are left-handed. In all honesty, your hand doesn't disturb the switch. I guess it depends on how you hold the gun. What I do is I use the far back position so the selector switch is pointed straight back for E-Mode and straight forward for Manual Mode. You could also build a different selector switch so it's not as easy to bump. Either way, it's not that big of an issue. You'll learn to play and not disturb it.

I will say that building a left handed trigger frame is just not economical. There are no "true left" paintball guns on the market. It's just something we have to deal with.
And I have to agree with him.

I think this is more of a “Bad Tom” post than a real concern for “lefties” since it is clear that other Left-handed players seem to do quite alright. I suggest that if Danielgleason has THAT much of a problem with it, that he does indeed choose a different brand of marker. I am sure he will be much happier that way.

This comment bothers me though:

Maye someday you'll see the light of having a more user friendly gun.
It shows that he clearly is not interested in a rational answer. This issue is one of economics…. will any changes made increase sales to the point where the cost of making the changes becomes a viable expense. In this case, I don’t think they would. This does not make things “nice” for Daniel, but AGD is not out to sell products to ONLY Daniel.

Again, I suggest that Daniel does indeed look to another brand of marker that better fits HIS particular needs, and inabilities to adjust. That is so much easier than retooling an entire line of products to do so. That is after all why there are so many types of markers out there.

cphilip
05-22-2002, 01:34 PM
Yea I don't want him whinnin about it latter cause he's wrong handed! ;) Seriously it fits both sides of my hands as it is now. :D

Actualy and kind of a different point on this is I would just like to see the display over on the other side (right side of grip which normaly would wrong) for us right handed "Warpers". So I can see the thing well. The Warp blocks its view now. But no biggy.

FutureMagOwner
05-22-2002, 04:09 PM
im ambedexertrous or whatever its called theres only like 1 in a 9238592687 of them there for im a trrue minority! tom wheres my 2 handed emag trigger frame:D

Jonno06
05-22-2002, 05:46 PM
"right" handed people are obviously far superior to you "lefties"...thats why,when ever something is true,or correct,they say "right"...b/c we are always "right"...

AND....you should never not have a gun b/c its "right handed"....since if you were a "good" paintballer,you know how to shoot "lefty",and "righty"...

orangejulius
05-22-2002, 07:06 PM
ambedexertrous I am to woot :)

odd1
05-22-2002, 07:11 PM
I forgot to mention that i am a lefty and own an e-mag and have had no problems.

TransMan
05-22-2002, 07:26 PM
how bout this i no handed i uck with both of mine equally so i thin tom shoud make an EMAG that goes on my sholder with an automated targeting system neurel interface and an autoloader that way i can just run around while it shoots every one

oh oh dont frget the force feild so i cant be hit :D

Snooky
05-22-2002, 07:40 PM
I think there is someway Danielgleason can make it so he can have it his way. As Tom Kaye said they cant make them because there isnt a big enough market for it. I suggest in the future AGD look into this and keep it in the back of their mind for the X-Mag.

I say get an emag and adjust to it or do a home mod to it to make it good for you.

vertices
05-29-2002, 02:39 PM
I am left handed and had no problems shooting my Emag for the year that I had it.

Smiles2480
05-29-2002, 03:04 PM
Hey I am left handed and I own an emag. It works great fro me. Being left handed has made me see the basic nature that right handed people typicaly will favor their right side and i use that to my advantage.

athomas
05-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Why doesn't someone just make a switch that slides in from the right, is fastened on the left, but has the selector on the right. That would make the gun a left handed gun for the lefties.

Danielgleason
05-30-2002, 10:09 AM
Well I took an emag a part and put a bigger spring in the switch. That locks the switch in place. I think tom should make a left sided switch thats all that needs to be done is make the switch backwards. So you can pull it out and reverse the switch. I played with the e-mag all day saturday, and only had one prolem and that's the safty. Is there a way to make it harder to move the safty back and forth, if so I would love to know. Thank's

athomas
05-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Danielgleason
Is there a way to make it harder to move the safty back and forth, if so I would love to know. Thank's

Put a ball bearing under the spring along with the regular one on top of the spring. This will increase the tension, making the safety harder to move.

Vegeta
05-30-2002, 07:18 PM
hehe
/me is ambedexirtrous (sp?)

Broke my right wrist in 1st grade and had to use my left hand for writing for like 5 months (broke the wrist, had it set, doctor set it wrong and it wasnt growing right, had to have it rebroken and set again... damn doctors)
Not widely used the left hand for writing since then really, and it has gone a bit downhill.

I dont think the switch willbother you that bad. Stop complaining and adapt.
I want to know- who decides what hand you write with and use? Did your parents choose to teach you to use your left hand? teacher? Becuase if someone tuaght you to use that hand instead of the other, that is cruel. If, when you were little and learning to write, just wrote better with that hand, then I can understand. My friend is a lefty and he doesnt haev a lot of problems, ecept when using my computer or the school computers.. he has a hard time with the mouse, for one he has to either move it to the otehr side, or reach his hand across and use it, and he has to put hios finger on the other button. On his home computer he has it switched to a left handed setup, where it is located on the left and the buttons are reversed.