PDA

View Full Version : Emag Total Shots Counter

Strider
05-21-2002, 12:07 PM
I recently purchased an emag used off the boards. While it wasn't my only concern, I did look for a reasonably new model, with low Total Shots on the marker.

So I found one around 13,000 shots. Got it home, sent it through the paces. (Works Amazing!) :D

In between game days I decided to try finding out how long an absolutly dead EMag battery takes to charge on the car charger. So I pulled the pin, and let it suck the battery dry for a day or so.

Threw it on the charger, and completed my test. (A little under 90 minutes till the red light turns green if your wondering)

I put the battery back on, and it powered up fine. I cycled through the settings and low and behold, I had 0 shots on the counter... I guess my question is, how does the Emag normally store it's TS while the battery is off, and is this a known senario, or a bug with the board? Does it normally reset to defaults when the battery dies on the marker?

I just thought I'd bring it up, as I know some people try to sell their markers based on TS. For the buyer, it might be a good thing to know that people can reset the counters.

synreal
05-21-2002, 12:13 PM
the TS counter on emags will periodically reset or increase by hundreds of thousands of shots based on several key stimuli
a)power surge or dip to the board
b)the board gets lonely and adds 500,000 cycles to its odometer to keep itself company
c) your maker caught you looking at another marker and is now punishing you.
d) mars in rising in the house of jupiter
;)

don't worry about it, mine went from keeping perfectly fine track of shots to over 600,000 cycles, to 0 and is now back to working correctly.

Fleisher
05-31-2002, 05:36 PM
Yeah,mine makes its own counts up as well ie 4x cases of Zap Chronic =4592 shots fired? I`ve got an accountant like that,but thats another story...:eek: :eek:

[M@g_D@ddy]
05-31-2002, 05:44 PM
yea if u let it drain to nothing, it'll get bored and add a couple 100,000 like they said above. and once the light turns green, give it another hour on the charger, i think that means it's at like 70% and it just trickles to 100%.