PDA

View Full Version : Help with valve decisions!! <=please?

Skoad
05-21-2002, 12:40 PM
I got a valve-less minimag comin in the mail and was wondering what i should do about a valve/bolt assembly.

Do i wait for level 10 stuff to come out or buy a 1 star for like $100?

Please help! I'm close to knowledgeless when it comes to mag stuff! (for now anyway)

Thanks
Skoad

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-21-2002, 01:11 PM
well thats a tuff decision, because we dont know how much the level 10 kits cost. but i think it really comes down to, how soon do you want to play? you can get the simple 1 star valve now then get the upgrade kit later, or wait till level 10 comes out and agd might sell some kinda valve kit that has the level 10 mods on it already.

BradPalooza
05-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Everything posted so far says the Level 10 stuff is just front end stuff (bolt, o-rings, pt tip) So you are going to need a valve anyway. The question is: do you want a Retrovalve or a standard one. If I was you, I'd get the Retro.
-Brad

paint magnet
05-21-2002, 01:57 PM
Or if you're trying to keep it as cheap as possible, try an ANS Phase II AIR for $45 from 888 paintball. I don't know how well they work, but it's made by ANS so it can't be that bad.

BlackVCG
05-21-2002, 02:06 PM
The ANS Valve bodies don't improve anything and they're only a portion of the valve assembly. He needs an entire valve assembly. If money isn't a big concern, I would get the Retro Valve now because in the future you'll probably find that you want to upgrade to Retro if you don't have it already.

The Level 10 upgrade will work on both the Classic Valve or Retro Valve. Just get whichever valve you can afford.

Skoad
05-21-2002, 02:34 PM
thanks, i guess i will just get the valve i mentioned before. I wish AGD would release just a little more information on the level 10 upgrade! *hint hint*

maybe just a price range would be nice :)

paint magnet
05-23-2002, 11:06 AM
The ANS Valve bodies don't improve anything and they're only a portion of the valve assembly. He needs an entire valve assembly. If money isn't a big concern, I would get the Retro Valve now because in the future you'll probably find that you want to upgrade to Retro if you don't have it already.

But he did say for under $100, and the ReTro is $300.

TheTramp
05-23-2002, 11:13 AM
If cash is a problem I would get a used AIR from the classifides.