PDA

View Full Version : I know you guys might not like this

Snowpunk1986
05-21-2002, 01:37 PM
Well. . .I have bein plain for about a year now with my Tippmann 98 Custom and I have formed a team and everyone has voted for me to be our front player and I am looking for a good gun. I just cannot make up my mind between a new IR3 or one of these E-Mags with Level 10 and Emagnum board (hope I got those right). Can someone give me an unbiased opinion on which gun I should get and why. Possibly a list of pros and cons for each as in which is more effiecent and which is lighter ect. thanks alot guys c-ya :D

Ultimator
05-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Out of those 2 I would get the E-mag.

Personally, though, I would grab up a nice suped up automag and stick a retro in it (intelliframe?) The Epitome of a front gun IMO.

Cha0tic
05-21-2002, 02:35 PM
to tell you the truth, i would wait a little while. i'd wait for th elevel 10 mod to come out, and the c&c extremes. then make your decision.

Jonno06
05-21-2002, 04:04 PM
difinitly get the iR3.....

its fast,and is small

but if you can...get a minimag,and get a retro,and a warp....then get the level 10 mod....

dansim
05-21-2002, 04:23 PM
ir3 is perfection annodized:D

SlipknotX556
05-21-2002, 05:15 PM
ir3, emag. Now thats a hard choice. Go with the............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

EMAG!!!

Steve Crush
05-21-2002, 05:32 PM
i agree with chaotic

WARPED1
05-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Try them both and then decide which you like better.

bofh
05-21-2002, 05:52 PM
I'm gonna second WARPED here. Try them both out and buy the one you like. The triggers are different and they look different.

They're both close enough proformance wise, to not not really be an issue. Technically the E-Mag is faster, (a bit) but once you get over 13bps, it's doesn't make any difference. They can shoot flawlessly up to 13bps, actually both can go quite a bit beyond that.

Try them both and Buy what feels good to *you*

Snowpunk1986
05-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys, I would like to try them both but I live in East Peoria and it was very rare when I got to shoot the angel and I have never even seen an emag in real life. Hopefully I will soon and if anyone who posts here lives in Illinois and has an emag that they would let me test out PLEASE tell me hehe c-ya later :p

FooTemps
05-21-2002, 07:42 PM
E-magnum board will blow the angel away..

RT_Luver
05-21-2002, 07:43 PM
OK, I've never owned any of these guns BUT as soon as the Extreme e-mag IS releases I'm on the preordered list with donggie. I also want through the exact same ordeal trying to figure out which to get. from what I've heard the Pro's and Con's of each gun is

IR3:

Pro's:
Light
rips on the trigger
sweet annodizing
has personlized settings
has scrolling messages you can program
can have DYE stickies

Con's:
no way to get full auto
has that BE style double triger trigger guard
has kinda dumb milling

I think thats it for the IR3. tell me if I missed anything

Extreme E-mag:D :D :D

Pro's:

Light
SWEET TRIGGER PULL
user adjustable trigger
has backup gun built in (manual)
has electronic reactiveness(hybrid)
I think they'll be able to have a blade trigger
with Emagnum FA is available
sweet looking

Con's:
Ummm....
:( I dont think their is anything:D

I hope this helps

FooTemps
05-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Yeah...

But I have to try and get the emagnum selling cuz mpp makes it...

EDIT: DOH! I MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES!!! THANKS DANSIM FOR POSTING AND SAYING I'M WRONG!

lol...

Emagnum emag
pros:
FAST!!!!
fully adjustible
will have extra phases
Good recharge/consistency

cons:
heavy
no led/lcd
pricey
trigger adjusted
NO ACE
not many looks until phase II and phase III

IR3
Pros:
half egro design
lighter
highly customizable
COPS
3 way trigger

cons:
slower
z-grip ripoff(that's good too tho)
pricey

I'm still saying the ir3 gripframe is a zgrip ripoff because it has the same idea of having an egronomic grip... The only difference is how egronomic it is...

dansim
05-21-2002, 08:10 PM
thats not a zgrip rip off, its straight down and there are many things you dont know about the ir3 that will blow away the emagnum

dansim
05-21-2002, 08:17 PM
ir3
pros
its nice to look at
personal
user adj trigger
comfortable grip all day long
unbelivibly fast
26 modes of fire
its an angel
awsome milling
cops
better box

cons
pricey
often have to send to a tech if something goes wrong
no video
afraid to play with it cause you may scratch it
may cost as much as a car

emag
unique trigger
unbelivebley fast
easier to turn on
rugged
dual modes
agd service

cons
sucky box
very chop happy
uncomfortable frame
cheap feeling grips
heavy
easy to lose that stupid yellow key
short battery life?
poor resale value

Army
05-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Dansim; granted it is not a Z-grip in design. However, John Rice says that the grip angle will minimize forearm fatigue, and raise your ROF, because of the "...more natural way of holding the gun. .45 frames are copies of real guns that are meant to be held at arms length, paintball players hold their guns close up. This grip accomodates the way we shoot paintball guns."

Can you say...same thing Tom Kaye said 5 years ago? So, it may not be mechanically the same, but the concept was already designed, built, and marketed long ago!

(BTW, check out PIG-TV for the John Rice interview at Mardi Gras)

Jack_Dubious
05-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Buy both of them and see what you like better. Then take the one you dont like and give it to me. :)

JDub

Butterfingers
05-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by dansim
thats not a zgrip rip off, its straight down and there are many things you dont know about the ir3 that will blow away the emagnum

I can tell you its definately NOT going to be in the ROF department. :)

We scared ourselves with the e-magnum.

nastymag
05-22-2002, 02:08 AM
i love angels ( i got one )

but considering WDPs anodizing record i would not get one unless you are super carful with your guns.

i mean on my angel there where new scratches on the first day i used it . Granted i am rough on guns.
its just that WDp makes a real thin ano.

i also hear the Extreem mag will be alot lighter

Ityl
05-22-2002, 12:57 PM
If the EMag isn't working correctly it will chop. If the Angel isn't working correctly it will chop.

Both are very fast. Both triggers are very different. Both valves are very different. EMag is capable of being more consistent in higher rates of fire.

The EMag is heavier, if that really matters.

Emag is tighter, especially with a warp.

AGD hands down has the best service, but there's more people around that work on Angels.

AGD has a better reputation for long lasting equipment.

Angels has more options, more accessories, and a reputation of the top gun right now.

You can't compare a gun that isn't out yet to a gun that is. So until the extreme comes out it's reg EMag vs angel.

EMag is also cheaper at the moment, many places have them for under $900 when the IR3 is well over $1000.

I watched a practice and by far the fastest shooting gun was the EMag with ZERO chops and breaks. Other times I have seen the fastest shooting gun be the Angel with ZERO chops or breaks. I've seen both guns with paint oozing out. Try em out, and choose which you like better.

billmi
05-22-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by dansim
ir3
pros

26 modes of fire

All IR3s sold in the US have one mode of fire available - semi-auto.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

billmi
05-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Army

Can you say...same thing Tom Kaye said 5 years ago? So, it may not be mechanically the same, but the concept was already designed, built, and marketed long ago!

My impressions of the IR3's grip so far, is that with the curved lower back, and rear trigger pivot point, you can hold and use it like a properly posed Z-Grip giving that feel. However, it has the distinct advantage over the Z grip, in that holding it higher up on the grip, it can also be comfortably be used to shoot from the hip or on the run. To me, it feels like a comprimise between the Z and a traditional grip that gives the best of both.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

PsychoMag
05-22-2002, 01:30 PM
ya beat me to it bill.

26 modes, ummmm 1.

anyways, my emag doesnt "chop" you cant chop an electronic marker since there is no chance of premature release of the bolt. So neither gun chops, if you are shooting stale paint, you will break paint in the barrel whether it is an Emag, or an Angel. Emags are sweet, and so are Angels, try each one to fit your style of play.

BTW: the BE frame is a rip of the Zgrip, as well as many things in the paintball community.

Trinot
05-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Didnt you noticed you posted in the "Automag owners forums" your going to get a biased opinion, get which ever gun feels the best to you, I have never liked mags that much, I would get the angel because its light,compact,fast and well its an angel.

Spaceman613
05-22-2002, 02:30 PM
email me sometime. Youve seemed to change your mind about new guns VERY often....

Since we live close, we can chat, and might be able to shoot some of the good choices. And if not shoot them, get the real deal on them.

And get your guys together, and lets play some ball...

Mango
05-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Go out, shoot them both. Play a few games with them both, THEN MAKE A DECISION. I started out with a warped emag but it wasent for me. Now I have an IR3 and would never get rid of it. I could sit here and tell you lots of reasons why I personally love MY IR3. But what good is that going to do you?

Not flameing or anything, but you should really make that decision on your own. They are both amazing markers for various reasons.

Snowpunk1986
05-22-2002, 06:42 PM
I am not changing my mind I just havent decided yet I want to get the facts on all these various guns so I know everything about them. Then shoot them. Combine the two and make my decison. Though I will admit the thought of purchasing a new gun gets me hyped up I cant wait. Mainly because I have a Tippmann right now and I am so sick of the stupid POS I have had to fix it the past 4 times I went to the field.
Spaceman-Do you have an AIM screen name or phone number or something so I could talk to you a little faster and better than postings. Thanks for your help everyone c-ya.:p

Spaceman613
05-22-2002, 07:00 PM
its all in my profile.

whats wrong with the tippy? its should never break down, they are tanks