PDA

View Full Version : Spyder/Tank prob.

mag_pbg
05-21-2002, 07:20 PM
My friend has a Spyder TL that I sold him, I also included a 20oz antisyphon tank. The prob. is is that he screws in the tank and you can hear the air going into the gun but after a couple of sec, it starts blowing co2 out of the asa adapter, I suggested that he sands downthe asa adapter becuase I though the threads were cutting the o-ring but it turns out that isn't it. So what do you guys think I he should do, the air is coming out of the little bleed hole.

subbeh
05-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Something's wrong... LOL. Not sure what... try putting oil in the ASA...? Better yet, spend five bucks and get a new ASA if that doesn't work.

mag_pbg
05-22-2002, 06:19 AM
Thanx dude, I really didn't want him to have to buy another asa adapter, but I guese he will have to.

mag_pbg
05-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Oh ya I forgot to mention, that tank will work on his stingray and his tigershark. But his 9oz tank wil work on his spyder.

mag_pbg
05-27-2002, 01:44 PM
Does anybody have any clue what is wrongż

FrAuStY
05-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Soudns to me like the ANTI-siphon wasn't setup for that Spyder's ASA. The Anti-siphon tubes are installed in way that when the tank is fully tightened into the ASA, the tube where the propellant leaves the tank and enters the gun, is held out of the liquid CO2. If it wasn't setup for this particular marker.. the tube could infact be sucking liquid co2 (like a straw in a glass of water) into the gun, freezing the o-ring on the ASA causing it to leak. If the 9 oz works on the spyrder but the 20oz doesn't I'll bet thats yer problem. Take that 20 oz and the spyder to a proshop and let them change the orienation of the nti-siphon tube.

mag_pbg
05-27-2002, 03:23 PM
Thanx, but, when I had the Spyder i had the tank made for the spyder, so I'm thinking that they screwed the valve up or something, I'l have to talk to my freind and see what he wants to do. I'm going to tell him to either put in a new valve, new asa adapter, or buy a new tank. The reason I don't want him to send alot of money is becuase he is a really good freind of mine, and I sold him that gun.

FrAuStY
05-27-2002, 04:00 PM
I understand why ya wanna save him some cash, Its limited to things you listed. You may want to have him get two new tank orings. Get him to oil them up put replace the one on the tank and stack the other one on top then screw in his tank. Ask him also if the has broken down the gun at all. Like maybe he had the ASA off.. and then when he rebuilt it he put it on upside down.. which is exactly as I said.. the siphon tube would be submerged rather than lifted out of the Co2. Its cheaper to check that than buy a new tank/valve etc. If this is the case.. tell him to put a little scratch on the side that has to be mated to the bottom of the grip. Then when he puts it together.. he'll know which way to put it on.

PyRo
05-28-2002, 07:39 AM
I had this probelem. Try dropping a tank o-ring into the asa, then screwing the tank in.