PDA

View Full Version : Bolts

Magz
05-21-2002, 11:24 PM
I needed a reliable bolt that will be softer on paint. I was thinking about the ANS stainless steel w/foamie or the new superbolt. Can someone give me some info on which would be a better buy. Or I you got any suggestions as to other bolts. Thanks

Bwaites
05-22-2002, 12:58 AM
Right now the best is the AGD long nose foamy bolt. SuperBolts aren't currently available. ANS bolts are OK, but the rim on AGD bolts is harder and will last longer. I have an ANS venturi bolt and it works fine, but AGD foamys are the best.

If you can wait a few weeks, there is a new bolt, oring, and powertip package called "level 10" coming out that is supposed to address the ball breakage issue and will fit ALL Mags. AGD has promised that it will be very reasonable in cost.

If you are having problems with your current bolt, you might try rounding the forward edge, look in tech tips and the main forum for hints on this. It seems to help, I did it for mine and my sons mag and have had no breaks since I did, both of us went through more than a case. Might be luck, but I don't think so.

Good Luck,

Bill