PDA

View Full Version : need some automag help

myangelrocks
05-22-2002, 11:38 AM
hey i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to combine a z-body and a rt automag. what i'm ultimately trying to do is make something similar to the rt model 98 w/ flatline, but with an automag. any help would be great.

Bartleby
05-22-2002, 12:22 PM
i don't believe so. i don't believe the fitting will work (ie, square/circle) and i'm not sure if you're talking about the original rt, or the rtpro.

virus
05-22-2002, 01:34 PM
in a way yes.....

just need the Zbody, a retro valve, a grip frame, a large bore barrel (ie .700 or bigger), a hpa setup and all the fittings.... that would be about it

also remember you'll need to use small to very small bore paint with the large bore barrel to get it to work right..... on a side note can you say gas hog

myangelrocks
05-22-2002, 01:34 PM
i don't care if it's the orginal rt or rt pro. all i want to do is have the z-body with a reactive trigger. if it's not possible without modifications, would it be possible with some body modifications?

myangelrocks
05-22-2002, 01:37 PM
so what makes the rt work? is it something with valves or is it something like a piston on the model 98? and how well does the zbody work? i've never seen one before, i've just heard of them.

a_malfunction
05-22-2002, 10:44 PM
For the automag RT, the trigger is pushed back due to a change in the order in which the valve charges itself (a change from the classic valve). It isnt like the tippmann RT. And as for the Z-body, I dont know. I've heard they were pretty good with the proper barrel/paint match. If you do get it, you'll definitely want a big tank, 88/4500 if possible! Like Virus said, It'll be a gas hog!