PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro ROF with this set up?

Patron God of Pirates
05-22-2002, 01:10 PM
RT Pro, Warp, 18Volt Revy, Inteliframe (Intelifeed hooked up), 4500 PSI Tank set to 750.

My marker is finally ready to rock. Does anyone know what kind of ROF I can expect? I've read things from both sides of the coin. Some people claim they can smoke electros with a Pro, others saying that it is impossible to get more than 5-6 BPS with any mechanical marker.

I know the later statement is not 100%, because I've clocked 7 and 8 BPS on my Tippmann 98 (growing up in an arcade can give you one hell of a trigger finger).

Anyway, I was wondering what other people with similar set ups have been able to achieve. What about the mythical "Run Off Mode", occasionally referred to as "Going Reactive"?

oldsoldier
05-22-2002, 01:21 PM
I dont personally own one, but have been arpund them. I know a few guys on this forum use them w/a z-grip, and can rip the hell out of em! With the retro valve, you will do just fine. It just isnt a mouse click pull, thats all.

virus
05-22-2002, 01:30 PM
oldsoldier is right.... your pro will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.... just be carefull of short stroking.... (hence why i run 1k into mine retro)

hmm.... i wonder who oldsoldier was talkin about http://www.colute.net/cwm/cwm/cwm/rcain.gif

PsychoMag
05-22-2002, 01:38 PM
before i got my first emag, my pro ripped. going reactive isnt a myth at all, and turning up the pressure on your tank helps you get there. with some practice, you should be able to out shoot those electros like i have :)

oldsoldier
05-22-2002, 02:01 PM
He's one of em! I have seen him rip...works well. Virus, you got an emag huh? Cool! Get some pics up!

paintbattler
05-22-2002, 05:54 PM
my teammate had about exactly the same setup and it rocked

Jonno06
05-22-2002, 07:03 PM
omg,i got a retro minimag,with a preset 88/4500 tank,and intellifeed,with intelliframe,i can get like 10 with hardly any effort

Patron God of Pirates
05-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the input.

I bought a 10" Boomstick last night. I'll be taking the whole monster for a spin tonight, I'll let you know how it does.

RT_Luver
05-23-2002, 09:25 AM
I had an RT PRO with z-grip, revy w/x-board, warp, adn flatline tank set at 750 and I PERSONALLY got about 11-12 bps and one time on a short stirng I got either 13 or 14 bps. you can ask paintbattler, he's my witness. it was awesome.

Patron God of Pirates
05-23-2002, 11:37 AM
I just brought my monster out for a spin and all I have to say is WOW! It surpassed all of my expectations.

Insane ROF. I turned it up to 850 to get a little more reactivness and it just blazed. No need to get an official BPS, the slack jawed admiration of my teammate will suffice.

My RTPro / 10" Boomstick / Marbs combo displayed insane accuracy. Using a pallet with a single ply of cardboard over it as a target, I shot a hole through the cardboard and proceeded to put the next 5 balls through the same hole at about 50 feet.

I chopped one ball early by short stroking, but learned my lesson quickly.

I am filled with pure joy at this moment and I just wanted to share it with you. 1600+ total dollars well spent. Thank you AGD.

Patron God of Pirates
05-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Did I forget to mention the pure joy? :D :D