PDA

View Full Version : shoot faster?

Thrash
05-22-2002, 04:02 PM
I have a standard feed mag and it shoot pretty well but i would like for it to shoot faster. I would like a retro valve but i don't want to shell out 200 dollars just for a new valve. I have a double trigger frame and that helps somewhat. There are powerfeed bodies but i'm not sure if I need 1. What should I do?

virus
05-22-2002, 05:08 PM
well you can change everything you want on the marker and it wont make it fire faster.....

the big secret to firing faster is practice, practice, practice..... it is all dependant on how fast you can pull the trigger..... the valve you have can do 16/sec with out a prob (providing you use hpa)...... it all comes back to your abilty.... the marker is just a tool...

blackmag3
05-22-2002, 07:12 PM
like virus said you need to get used to the mags trigger if you want to fire fast. also if your mag is new after like what , 1000 shots the bolt spring should lighten up which helps some. shooting fast is nice but all it takes to eliminate someone is one well placed ball that breaks.

Thrash
05-22-2002, 07:33 PM
I bought the marker used with a 2x benchmark frame. The guy i bought it from had it for a while and i'm sure it's been through 1000 shots. When I shoot fast the velocity drops. Some people that work at a paintball store said that I should get the ans phase 2 valve because they all had it before. And is a powerfeed really necessary?

blackmag3
05-22-2002, 07:50 PM
i used to have a standard feed and the powerfeed feeds better and faster. not a must have since both will work but i prefer the powerfeed. cant really look down the barrel with a power feed. the benchmark frame has a longer trigger pull and is easier to short stroke. after i got my i frame i now hate my benchy. as for the phase 2 valve some swear it works others say not to use non agd valve parts. one good point is if the extra holes or slots the phase 2 has for air to go through really worked agd would spend the time and drill them in the AIR valve themselves. and don't believe everything paintball stores tell you because they want to make sales. some of them have the all our products are good so buy them all mentallity.

a_malfunction
05-22-2002, 10:35 PM
The phase 2 does nothing! Save your money and buy an HPA tank. And as far a shoot-down, there are a few things that can cause this. Go to http://www.airgun.com/Images/automan.pdf. Go all the way down to page 12. It has a flow chart that tells you what to do if you are experiencing shoot-down.

Thrash
05-23-2002, 03:20 PM
I already have hpa. I like my benchy but the long trigger pull is what bothers me the most but even still i don't notice it unless i'm thinking about it. The other double trigger frames are too expensive like the dyes and I don't have a revy or a warp feed so an i-frame isn't worth it to me. I don't have much money but I could get a valve or a blemed body. Is there a way that my trigger will bouce back kinda like the rt valve but without buying one?

blackmag3
05-23-2002, 06:59 PM
i can't think of anyway to get your trigger to feel like an rt without getting an rt valve. as for shooting faster goes a motorized loader of any sort will help you to shoot faster in the sense that paint won't jam or misfeed nearly as much compared to a regular hoppper. agd's online shop has very nice prices on blemed mainbodies. at only $50 im buying one for my dad to replace his standard feed body.