PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions and/or suggestions

Telefragged
05-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey AO, I just need a few opinions, ideas from users here if you will.

I've been floating around here for a couple of months now, observing Mag talk and absorbing information like a sponge, and now, after carefully watching, have definitely decided to buy a Mag. I got to shoot my friends PF-HL Classic on Sunday, and it was very nice IMO. Smooth, "kickless" (for someone used to an M98) and quick! I was kicking myself trying to decide whether to get an RT Pro (for the price, its unbeatable, and you've gotta love that ReTro!) and a Powerfeed Classic Mag (cheaper, quick, its a Mag!). I've decided that even though I AM going to play in a few rookie tournies over the summer, A normal Mag will suit me fine. So here we are. I know its a boring, annoying question, but I need some feedback, how does this setup sound:

Marker:
-Classic AM PF Black HL (no barrel, lines, etc.)
-12" Black Al Lapco Bigshot (use it on my M98, don't care abt. noise, just wanna be efficient)
-Benchmark foregrip (large enough for bigger hands, and I have access to a mill if it needs to clear an I-Frame in the future)
-Parts kit for Mag, and some plastic nubbins
-All lines, fittings, etc. for air source needs

Air System:

-68ci/3000psi AGD Flatline (AGD man! And its adjustable in case of a ReTro in the future, gonna keep stock cradle)
-AGD Stainless QD set
-68ci Dye tank cover (blue - gotta protect that tank, and the Dye ones are cool!)
-KAPP Fill Nipple cover (black+chrome - better to prevent problems than to fix them)

Loading + Related:
-12 Revolution (already have, cheaper than anything else and just as effective)
-VL X-Board (I HATE that delay!)
-JMJ Concepts Vortex impeller (why not, I figure it'll help, 6 bladed prop)

Bonx0007
05-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Sounds good! You made a good decision going with a mag. I thank myself everyday that I clean it because it is so easy.

Telefragged
05-22-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks, I went with a Mag really on the fact that it was so simple, and so great right outa the box. My other friend let me use hish 2k2 vertical feed 'Cocker last Sunday too, and while it was easier to rip on that than the Mag (brand new, trigger still stiff) I don't like the idea of all the parts. Even though it may shoot nice, and may work properly most of the time, the more parts, the more room for failure. I also like how the Mag is really best left stock, no need to spend lots of green to get it performing at its best. Anyone else got anything to contribute?

RT_Luver
05-23-2002, 09:59 AM
sounds good to me, and welcome to the family of 'Mag owners