PDA

View Full Version : question for cocker users who have a hinge and a warp

magmonkey
05-22-2002, 10:35 PM
has anyone ealse done this:

put a micro switch on the bever tail so when the back block comes back it actuates the warp

a customer wanted to have his warp spin with every trigger pull and I couldn't find a place in the frame to mount a micro switch so I drilled and tapped a bever tail and bought a roller tipped micro switch and mounted it so when the backblock is extended it closes the circut and the warp spins

just wondering if this was a first or had anybody else had any luck with this idea

his gun seems to rock out now

ovaj
05-22-2002, 11:30 PM
That sounds pretty cool. I was actually wondering how to hook up a switch myself. Did you tap the upright part of the BT or hook it up horizontal somehow?

LawFox32
05-23-2002, 06:54 AM
get some pics dude that sounds awesome

speedballbanks
05-23-2002, 11:26 AM
it doesn't sound like it wold work to me it seems like the warp would spin he would let the trigger go and the warp would only spin when he shot already. doesn't sound possible. my opinion.

LawFox32
05-23-2002, 03:13 PM
would that really matter though since the paddles would just slip past the balls, I think it would be kinda cool I would make it seem like you are shootin very fast

TransMan
05-23-2002, 03:23 PM
hey speed im pretty sure that it would work just like an i frame on a mag the back block and the bolt on a cocker stay forward until u pull the triiger thats what makes it a closed bolt gun so the warp would only feed when the block is back and im sure it would work great

magmonkey
05-23-2002, 03:25 PM
I just got the gun to my house I will have pics tonight

it works great

gliney the mag monkey

FutureMagOwner
05-23-2002, 03:49 PM
that would work maybe for best results you would have it start to feed a bit b4 it goes all the way back though dont know how you would do that(possibly on the trigger:confused: or maybe even have it in the feed itself if you could either cut a hole into the feed or have the sensor on the side

rythm68
05-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by speedballbanks
it doesn't sound like it wold work to me it seems like the warp would spin he would let the trigger go and the warp would only spin when he shot already. doesn't sound possible. my opinion.

It actually should work since when the block is at is rearward position and activating the switch, the breech is at an open position allowing a ball to feed. The only concen might be the delay between the closing of the breech and the warp feeding before that.

FeelTheRT
05-23-2002, 05:55 PM
hey thats not a bad idea, a while back when i had my cocker, i was acutally thinking about putting the switch inside the trigger frame!

Jonno06
05-23-2002, 07:31 PM
good idea...

post some pics of that beast

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-23-2002, 09:09 PM
id like to see that too, sounds reall intresting, i like to fiddle with things (other than cockers, (too many parts))

spliff
05-23-2002, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but there are better ways to do it. Most people whp have intelli-fed there cockers to warps or hoppers use a microswitch in the frame. They have the sear trip the switch instead of the trigger though. It works well, ive used a warp fed cocker that was intellifed this way, but didnt get to see the inside of the grip frame to see how it was done. The owner just breifly told me how he did. But when this question pops up on cocker forums, the way everyone always says to do it is with a sear-tripped microswitch. Sounds like it would work better to me, and you wouldnt have a external microswitch to get shot at.