PDA

View Full Version : how fast can a standard feed mag shoot?

yellowducky
05-23-2002, 10:27 AM
I know that powerfeed automag classics shoot faster but I want to know how fast you can shoot the standard feed classic before you get problems. I'll have nitro if that matters.

Thanks a whole heap!

paint magnet
05-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Powerfeed mags only feed faster. They both have the same ROF, but at higher rates of fire you will start to chop with a standard feed. I don't know exactly how fast you can shoot before you will have problems, but I'm guessing about 6-7 bps sustained for a couple seconds before you start chopping. The HALO loader has a ball detent in the feed neck that prevents balls from re-entering the hopper, so that might make a difference. Anyway, you shouldn't have too much trouble unless you try to shoot a standard feed with a RT valve.

Thrash
05-24-2002, 02:48 PM
I think you can shoot 8bps before you have velocity drop offs. The only reason why I chop paint is because I short stroke the trigger. I can barely get 8bps but the velocity isn't going to drop a tremendous amount.

Cha0tic
05-24-2002, 05:07 PM
then you have a problem. the automag valve can go 11-12 bps before any shootdown occurs.