PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars or Star Trek?

Timmee
05-23-2002, 12:37 PM
Which do you prefer. I like them both, but I prefer Star Wars. I like the idea of space fighters (like the X-Wing, A-Wing, ....). I also like how, no matter how much bigger a Star Destroyer is, a squardon (or 2) of fighters is enough to drive it away or destroy it.

This is just my opinion, and I want to hear yours.

Havoc_online
05-23-2002, 12:41 PM
HeeHee :D

TOP TEN REASONS WHY THE STAR WARS CHARACTERS WOULD
KICK BUTT IN THE
STAR TREK UNIVERSE:

1. In the Star Wars Universe weapons are rarely, if
ever, set on
"stun".

2. The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an
anti-matter unit and
a crew of 20
just to go into warp --- The Millennium Falcon does
the same thing with
R2-D2 and a Wookie.

3. After resisting the Imperial torture droid and
Darth Vader, Princess
Leia still
looked fresh and desirable --- After pithy Cardassian
starvation
torture, Picard looked like hell.

4. One word: Lightsabers.

5. Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with
one glance.

6. The Death Star doesn't care if a world is class "M"
or not.

7. Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with
every alien he
encounters.

8. Jabba the Hutt would eat Harry Mudd for trying to
cut in on his
action.

9. The Federation would have to attempt to liberate
any ship named
"Slave I".

10. Picard pilots the Enterprise through asteroid
belts at one-quarter
impulse power --- Han Solo floors it.

wyn1370
05-23-2002, 02:04 PM
how about han solo vs. kirk
www.grudge-match.com
heck C3po could take kirk

Havoc_online
05-23-2002, 03:47 PM
solo shot at vader and lived, kirk aint got nothing on him.

HoppysMag
05-23-2002, 06:23 PM
ya seriously, star trek is too borring for me... and besides star wars has Ewoks!! and those cool bike things... and of course my favorite the Y Wing!! and all star trek has is a bald guy and "Phazers". http://www.geocities.com/woodpush85/WICKETWALL.jpg

Jonno06
05-23-2002, 08:59 PM
star wars...

Timmee
05-23-2002, 10:16 PM
Havoc_online, you missed one.

11. Amidala is HOT!

Havoc_online
05-24-2002, 12:30 AM
"I'd sooner kiss the wookie" lol

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
how about han solo vs. kirk
heck C3po could take kirk

lol, dont let any of them trekkies here that:D

BTAutoMag
05-24-2002, 11:34 AM
i said both because star trek has a tv series but star wars rules the movie portion

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 11:37 AM
how bout this Star Wars vs. Star Trek match??

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/chew-worf.shtml

Clare
05-24-2002, 12:27 PM
definitely Star wars... Star trek is just plain boring!

Gunga
05-26-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
definitely Star wars... Star trek is just plain boring!

*GASP!!!* I don't think I can talk to you anymore!!!

Blasphemer! :D

Clare
05-26-2002, 02:31 AM
*GASP!!!* I don't think I can talk to you anymore!!!

you know you couldn't possibly go without my witty charm! :p

Timmee
05-26-2002, 06:55 AM
Isn't it funny that none of the Trekkies have posted on this thread?

shartley
05-26-2002, 07:54 AM
I think that is because they tend to stay in the Main Forum. I don’t think they wonder around much. ;)

ThePatriot
05-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Come on people, Star Trek owns Star Wars. Also, hardcore star wars fans are just plain scary, who has seen the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog video of star wars? You will see my point, you dont see Trekkies at movies doing all that dumb stuff, plus Star Trek is more realistic than Star Wars will ever be, (i wish my keyboard had a key that is a dot in each corner of where a triangle should be so i could say therefor, but o well) therefore, Star Trek is better.

SlipknotX556
05-26-2002, 01:15 PM
That is a very funny thing what Triumph did. When spoke came and started giving the middle finger to all the star wars people. That was SO FUNNY!

obsolete898
05-26-2002, 06:52 PM
Also, hardcore star wars fans are just plain scary, who has seen the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog video of star wars? You will see my point, you dont see Trekkies at movies doing all that dumb stuff

People actually learn klingon. That to me is very scary.

plus Star Trek is more realistic than Star Wars will ever be

You have to be kiding me. Arguing the reality of 2 sci-fi movies. They are both fake, very fake.

Anyway SW would own trek in all ways. Plus SW has good actors, unlike some other actors that we all know.

The only thing that Trek has, well had was Jeri Ryan.

Jonneh
05-26-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by obsolete898

Plus SW has good actors, unlike some other actors that we all know.

I wouldn't be so sure, I thought some of the acting in EP2 was pretty poor in places.

Trek has some excellent actors like, Robert Picardo (teh doctar!), Jeri Ryan (for that episode where the doctor 'uploads himself to sevens exoskeleton' or something and she had to posture herself like his character did, it was very entertaining). Patrick Stewart is good too as being a general smarty tough space captain man, although in insurrection he was crap.

While I'm sure Trek has more, the only really good acting in Wars was that of Harrison Ford (Han Solo, you dunderhead)

Remind me people.

OH NO!! I FORGOT SPACE NERD WIL WHEATON!! (http://www.wilwheaton.net)

Timmee
05-27-2002, 06:39 AM
[i]Originally posted by Jonneh

While I'm sure Trek has more, the only really good acting in Wars was that of Harrison Ford (Han Solo, you dunderhead)

Um, are you saying there were no other good actors in the Star Wars movies besides Harrison Ford? What about Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Liam Neison, and Ewan MacGregor?

Jonneh
05-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Timmee

Um, are you saying there were no other good actors in the Star Wars movies besides Harrison Ford? What about Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Liam Neison, and Ewan MacGregor?

I stand corrected, wipe Mark Hamill though http://www.digitalbrain.com/jonneh/d2.gif

Timmee
05-27-2002, 08:09 AM
You mean the same Mark Hamill that is the Joker in the Batman cartoon series? Actually, I thought he was pretty good in the original trilogy.

RomulanAlethe2nd
05-27-2002, 10:06 AM
*Gasps* *falls on floor can't handle the shock that somebody actually liked Star Wars!*
Star Trek is by far the better of the two.

:rolleyes:

If your not on Shatners team let me apoligize in advance for the A** kicking we are gonna give you in august :D

Augie Dog
05-27-2002, 10:41 AM
The new StarWars movie, (Which I will not spend any $ to see) has no story line whatsoever. From what I read about it, The title of the movie should be "Send in the Clowns".
My vote matters not. I came here because of an invitation from Timmee. Thank you Timmee. I will also add that I agree with what Rom-AleThe2nd had to say.

Augie

RomulanAle
05-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Augie Dog
The new StarWars movie, (Which I will not spend any $ to see) has no story line whatsoever. From what I read about it, The title of the movie should be "Send in the Clowns".
My vote matters not. I came here because of an invitation from Timmee. Thank you Timmee. I will also add that I agree with what Rom-AleThe2nd had to say.

Augie

Ditto Augie Ditto
:p

Timmee
05-28-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Augie Dog

Augie

No story line? Did you and I watch the same movie? It sets the scene for Palpatine's rise to Emporer, the turning of Anakin to the Dark Side, the Clone wars, the Fall of the Jedi, and the origins of Luke and Leia. Sounds like a story line to me.

BTW, welcome to AO. Your assimilation number is 3. Please wait in line outside the assimilation chamber until your number is called. If you want any special upgrades from the standard drone, please make them known before the assimilation process begins. :D

Iddylion
05-28-2002, 04:51 AM
Star Trek. No question, got to go with the Enterprise. :)

Iddy.

HoppysMag
05-28-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Jonneh

dont forget james earl jones...

ronron2112
05-28-2002, 04:17 PM
cant pay me enough to watch either of them haha.. it just seems like such a dumb (?) idea.. please refain from strangleing me :)

Timmee
05-29-2002, 01:36 AM
ronron2112, I posted this poll to see what everyone's opinions are. I may not agree with you (and I don't), but that's my opinion. :)

shinoxialivesagain
05-29-2002, 01:05 PM
no offense, but star trek sucks, and the new star wars movie does 2......

Dark Shadow
05-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Iddylion
Star Trek. No question, got to go with the Enterprise. :)

Iddy.

Ditto. "Star Trek" all the way.

Timmee
05-30-2002, 11:59 PM
Any reasons for your opinions? C'mon, discuss why you think they're better. Personally, I like the smaller ships, the special effects, and the technology of the Star Wars movies.

BTAutoMag
05-31-2002, 11:42 AM
star trek just doesnt have the calm hand to hand fighting that star wars has.

TooDamnSweet
06-06-2002, 06:23 PM
You guys know that I like Star Trek. In my opinion, Star Trek has a good foundation and the plots and stories can go in so many different directions. Hence all the different series/movies. I can't really say anyting Star Wars. I never really got into it.

Timmee
06-07-2002, 04:39 AM
Star Wars seems (at least the original trilogy) to be more fast paced, more exciting. The only Star Trek movie that I felt that way about was ST2: The Wrath of Kahn. Don't get me wrong, I liked most of the Star Trek movies, but they just weren't fast enough for me.

RT_Luver
06-15-2002, 02:19 PM
STAR WARS...Han is cool. you gotta love that blaster. luke is cool to but not as cool as Mace Windu

J
06-15-2002, 06:27 PM
C'mon JEDI's should be enough to beat Star Trek... And A-Wings (the "A" is for A** kicking)

Timmee
06-15-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by J
C'mon JEDI's should be enough to beat Star Trek... And A-Wings (the "A" is for A** kicking)

Personally, I like X Wings (the X is Too Xtreme for Star Trek!)