PDA

View Full Version : Simple question...

ChopSuey
05-23-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey guys, i just recently purchased a 20 oz anti-siphon tank for my auto classic... and ive noticed that is really uncomfortable and i was wondering whats the difference between a cradle and a drop forward and what would be a good one(cheap one) for me to purchase.....

thanks in advance ChOpSuEy

Schnitzel
05-23-2002, 08:33 PM
drop forwards are generally for co2 users, with a small dickbill ASA adaptor on the bottom. you just screw in and go. cradles are usually for compressed air/nitrogen systems that dont have standard ASA threads. they usually require or have an on/off valve to initiate gas-flow. some cradles will allow for co2, such as the KAPP drop zone II, with a small sleeveed ASA that will fit itno the collar of it. thatre are also some compressed air bottles that have ASA threads, those can be screwed righr into a duckbill ASA.

theraidenproject
05-23-2002, 08:35 PM
I just thought it was funny that I read a thread by chopsuey, while i was listening to the song. Anyway...

ChopSuey
05-23-2002, 09:24 PM
hrmmm... thanks for the help (i think) but uhh can any of you somewhat guide me towards a KAPP drop zone II for me to purchase...

thanks again...

Ultimator
05-23-2002, 09:53 PM
If you plan on using N2 at a later date, i'd go ahead with the Drop Zone II. It is the biggest (or one of the biggest) cradles out there and will probably put your Co2 way down and out.

Schnitzel
05-23-2002, 10:05 PM
go ahead and look at Xzion's mags (http://www.geocities.com/xzion2002/Xzionmags.htm) and look that the cradle. you'll notice that it has a hex-shaped rod, which allows you to rotate the collar for different bottle positions. it also drops the bottle very far forward, allowing you to get the marker closer to your body, to eliminate hits. the collar is also adjustable back and forth to help you find a balance on your gun.

Schnitzel
05-23-2002, 10:07 PM
sorry...i messed up this post

Schnitzel
05-23-2002, 10:10 PM
lets try it again... the attached pic is the c02 ASA collar i mentioned before