PDA

View Full Version : Dont Ever Use Sin Customs

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:10 PM
Well, I finally got the situation with SIN customs settled. My minicocker showed up on my doorstep today. At first I was happy (well somewhat happy, yet annoyed at the 6 month turnaround time). So i take a look at it before opening it. It was shipped out on MAY 10 2002, not in the middle of January which he had been claiming for months.

I then opened it up and found my gun to look like a dried piece of leather that had been painted over. The pneumatics were all scratched up (they were suppoed to be powdercoated as well but he didn't do them). The gripframe and front block were also supposed to have been powdercoated (he probably just didn't feel like it). The regulator also came back with scratches on it (left my house brand new).

I then tried to assemble it (after carefully documenting everything with about 40 pictures). Nothing fit. Instead of taping off the holes before painting, he probably decided it would take too much time. So I now have this gun where I had to sand every single hole, as well as the inside of hte body, in order to get the pieces to fit and move somewhat freely.

I've been jerked aroundy this guy for 6+ months. He supposedly had it done in December and was "helping me to sell it" by putting pictures on his website. Well, i've yet to see the pics on his website and he didn't even send it out until May 10. I strongly suggest NOONE DEAL WITH SIN CUSTOMS. I wish I had known about Army's bad experience before I sent my gun out. I remember hearing about it like 3 weeks after sending my gun and was somewhat scared about him having it. Well, looks like it happened again and he screwed up another gun.

I've got a LOT of pics. I'm only gonna post a few to show you the examples.

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Huge pics guys. Sorry about that, but you'll be amazed at teh crappy job he did and lack of service he provided.

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:18 PM
another

dansim
05-23-2002, 08:20 PM
that looks like sh.....well you get the idea man take him to court and get you a new gun hes screwed people for the last time

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:22 PM
more

Jonno06
05-23-2002, 08:24 PM
i think it looks pretty cool.......

kutter
05-23-2002, 08:25 PM
I just had a really weird thought. Might he have been using it to play with? :confused:

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:25 PM
another

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:27 PM
last one

Jonno06
05-23-2002, 08:28 PM
no,he wasnt playing with it,it cant even be put together

thats the fron block,right?

paintball8869
05-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Jonno......the paint looks like it's gonna just fall off. I think he baked it too long or something like that. I guess it would look cool if that's what I had asked for, but I was told I'd be getting a SMOOTH gloss finish on it. That's not what I got. He only powdercoated 2 out of 10 pieces. That's not what I paid for. I basically got screwed by this jerk.

Kutter: I know he didn't play with it because when I received it back it didn't have a timing rod with it and was in pieces. It was supposed to be "assembled and timed" by a local cocker tech that he was friends with and they were going to sell it. That obviously didn't happen.

I do plan on taking him to court, but am giving him a chance to make it up to me monetarily. I figure it's going to cost $100+ to get it working through technician, and I'll be getting it repowdercoated by a local guy that can do the job right (won't be as flashy, but will be done right). That'll probably cost me $100 or so. And then the original $80 plus shipping costs I paid him.

Like I said guys, STAY AWAY FROM SIN CUSTOMS. I've had no dealings with redrider and K&P but have heard nothing but good things from my friends who have dealt with those two.

Schnitzel
05-23-2002, 08:38 PM
that must really suck. i feel for you.

spazzed
05-23-2002, 09:02 PM
You got the shaft man. Make him pay!!

Schnitzel, Ren & Stempy baby! Woot~!!

Vegeta
05-23-2002, 09:04 PM
damn I would die if htat happened to me. Take the crackhead down. It does looked like it was baked too long and started to crack it or something- so he applied another coat of gloss to seal it.. cracks and all?

SlipknotX556
05-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Dude that sucks so much.

Snooky
05-23-2002, 09:58 PM
people have warned of him before. just ask army.

Army
05-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Ah man, and I thought MINE looked bad.. I really am sorry I didn't get to warn you soon enough.

Yes AO, spread the word, SiNs Customs is no good. Eric has screwed over his latest victim...oops, "customer".

My SiNS ordeal lasted nearly 5 months, including postal problems caused by 9-11, and cost me a total of $127.35, and I had to pay for shipping after he said he would pay all shipping to "make up for all your troubles". Screw him to pieces.:mad:

Keep it in the family, use KP Kustoms, or RedRider from right here on AO (do a search!)

Paintballer86
05-24-2002, 05:19 AM
Take him to court, Sue that bastard, and put him out of buisness. Period. :mad:

Havoc_online
05-24-2002, 05:37 AM
that sucks dude, Red Rider can do a SWEEEEEET job for you though, you should look into it.

dansim
05-24-2002, 06:01 AM
you better get more than 180 from him get the money to replace your scratched parts and time wasted, also if you knew anybody that wanted to buy a cocker and you had yours try to sell it to them when they refuse based on looks you can also sue for loss of income by getting a notirized statement from the person that said they didnt like the looks then get it redone:D

paint magnet
05-24-2002, 06:26 AM
Man, that sucks. Hope you at least get back what you put in to it.

Dragoon
05-24-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by dansim
you better get more than 180 from him get the money to replace your scratched parts and time wasted, also if you knew anybody that wanted to buy a cocker and you had yours try to sell it to them when they refuse based on looks you can also sue for loss of income by getting a notirized statement from the person that said they didnt like the looks then get it redone:D

Ouch!!

I've thought about using SiN in the past. Afterall he is only about 20 min from my house. But not any more!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Douglas

Shaft
05-24-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by spazzed
You got the shaft man. Make him pay!!

No sir... wasn't me. :eek:

BTAutoMag
05-24-2002, 11:00 AM
that is a sweet paint job. too bad about the service.

WARPED1
05-24-2002, 01:41 PM
Take the farging icehole down!

lopxtc
05-24-2002, 03:12 PM
Not to be rude, why are bashing his service and the poor work done to your marker on here and at the same time selling it on pbnation;

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95566

without remarking about the finish and so forth there.

Aaron

WARPED1
05-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?Odd.I'd say edit the post.

Patron God of Pirates
05-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Kind of a "Pay it Forward" philosophy? Reptile type finish? LOL!

WARPED1
05-24-2002, 04:18 PM
No offense,but if he sells it without telling buyer,he's ripping them off.

Zygote
05-24-2002, 04:38 PM
there goes the moral high ground

WARPED1
05-24-2002, 04:53 PM
I hope that wasn't directed at me,but it's just wrong to complain here and then sell it on another forum.

MCollier
05-24-2002, 07:04 PM
you guys will never be able to sue him. His buisness is set up to be pretty foolproof for screwing people over. He doesnt post pictures (maybe im completely wrong here) of his work, he just describes it in text. He can also say the damage was done via shipping, not him. Therefore you dont really have anything you can charge him with.

paintball8869
05-25-2002, 12:15 AM
I had a local guy clearcoat it. It's not going to flake off or anything now, which had been my fear before. The guy did it for $20 and did it in a few hours, so I'm happy with it. It was baked by him and guaranteed to last. Unfortunately he doesn't do any graphic type powdercoating.

As for the post on PBnation, it is working fine now. I put it together, spent a couple hours sanding everything off (getting powdercoating out of the internals), and retiming it. As you can see in the pics, teh pneumatics are clearly scratched. So I don't see how I could be ripping anyone off. It now has a clearcoat finish on it over that, so it does look halfway decent. I always offer a return if the customer isn't satisfied. And after hours of sanding the body and timing it, it works as good as before. It was just a hassle that I should not have had to go through with a powdercoating company that has a supposed good rep.

paintball8869
05-25-2002, 12:23 AM
I will repost the pbnation sale thread later with a disclaimer stating that it was clearcoated over, after SIN sent it to me. I understand the confusion, and noone but myself and a few people I play with knew i was getting it taken care of today. I mainly posted this here to help others from thinking they're getting a great deal on a nice powdercoating job and end up getting something that looks like it will fall apart after a 6 month wait.

WARPED1
05-25-2002, 01:08 AM
Cool,you soinded like a stand up guy,I(among others)thought it was odd you complained your butt off over here,then made the fkaky job"scaly",but as long as the buyer knows and doesn't care,by all means,sell it!

chw32587
05-25-2002, 01:47 AM
god man thats got to suck for ya

hitmanng
05-25-2002, 01:56 AM
I cannot reccomend SIN from what I have seen on you and Army's gun but mine is sweet. I will use someone else in the future. I am thinking of seeing if Redrider can duplicate the paintjob for a powerfeed body. I must say I love the Job Eric did and I actually got OK service. I am sorry that the quality has gone down.
http://members.aol.com/hitmanng/paintball/lepmag1
Hitmanng

Tankdriver
05-25-2002, 09:58 PM
can one of the moderators make this a sticky? AO members need to be aware of these jerks. I hate seeing people getting screwed over.

athomas
05-27-2002, 10:56 PM
A friend of mine had some powder coating done on his mag body by Sin Custom. He was not a happy camper when it returned. It was not what he wanted and looked horrible. He ended up covering the design with black tape (the body was powdercoated black with a design). He would have returned it but the wait was too long the last time he sent it for work and he wanted to have his mag to play with.