PDA

View Full Version : Mag is "farting"

covadsucks
05-23-2002, 10:42 PM
Ladies and Gents,
I want to get some feedback. My new Mag is having issues. I gassed up and proceeded to dry fire a few strings...The gun is starving for air. It's "farting" as if the tank was empty. I think the on/off pin may be too short...Whatcha think...am I right, or do you think it may be something else. I changed my reg seat, on/off o-rings...just don't have a longer on/off pin to try.

covadsucks
05-23-2002, 11:51 PM
Just took off my Intelliframe...On/off is ok, it's the I-frame. The stock frame was just fine. No farting. Looks like I have to use the stock or get a different Mag all together. Shame too, the all black Mag looked kinda cool. Back to the GZ for now...

FrAuStY
05-24-2002, 09:38 AM
did you try changing the powertube spacer? By "Farting" do you mean its leaking down the barrel or is it not cycling completely like the bolt it stuck? The AGD intelliframe is made by AGD so it shouldn't affect the tolerances enough to case severe problems. I had to put a shorter PT spacer in mine once I installed the I-frame. Call AGD.. it should be working fine with either.

covadsucks
05-24-2002, 10:08 AM
I tried everything...the only thing that honestly worked is using the stock trigger frame. There's no point for me to keep the Intelliframe or the rest of the Mag as I was about to put another Retro Valve into this beast as well...I think perhaps I'll wait and get myself an Emag instead.

a_malfunction
05-25-2002, 01:40 PM
Do you have a gap between the tigger and the trigger rod when the gun is gassed up?

p8ntballa
05-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Tighten down the field strip screw with an allen wrench. My intelliframe does the same thing, you have to tighten the field strip screw all they way, but not super tight, where you strip it.

marley618
05-25-2002, 03:34 PM
When you shortstroke it makes a farting noise, are you sure you arent shortstroking every pnce in a while?

Hacker240
05-26-2002, 07:14 PM
When my buddy put his intelliframe on he needed a new pt spacer so try that.:mad:

covadsucks
05-26-2002, 11:34 PM
Ok,
I took my on/off pin out and got a longer pin. Problem resolved -as for short stroking, got an Intelliframe so short stroking is a thing of the past. Played today, shot some 3 cases of paint and had not one chop, but more than a handfull of barrel breaks.

BlackVCG
05-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Round the tip of your bolt as shown in the thread posted by AGD. That should help your ball breakage issue.

covadsucks
05-28-2002, 10:07 AM
BlackVCG -Breaks were down the barrel, old dung filled Diablo...when I shot some fresh Diablo -I ran a case through it and painted my fair share of dorks orange without one break. The foamy bolt I use is already about a five on the scale TK created.

I figure it's time to get another Retro Valve anyhow and AGD (god; no offense to those who are religious) willing, make sure my superbolt can hang with my ROF from there.