PDA

View Full Version : my barrel wont come off my minimag body

paintballrulzs
05-24-2002, 09:49 AM
I just got one of the new blemished bodies and the only way i can take the barrel off it by taking the body off the body rail. Is there something i am doing wrong. The barrel is a basically brand new cp 1 piece.

TheTramp
05-24-2002, 10:00 AM
The problem is probably that your front frame screw is going in too far. Try unscrewing it a bit and taking you barrel off. If this works you'll need to get a thin washer and put it on between the screw and the body in the future. My Mag came with this washer so it isn't a tolerence issue.

MagDog68
05-24-2002, 10:05 AM
Did you have a problem putting the barrel in? Two things I can think of are the twist lock and the trigger frame screw. If either is set to deep it can be a pain to get the barrel in or out.

Has anyone else noticed that the blemmed bodies are really thin?

~Fred

paintballrulzs
05-24-2002, 10:12 AM
I have a hyperframe so could that have any effect on it. Because you use a longer front screw. Before this i never had a problem with my hopper left automag body

BlackVCG
05-24-2002, 10:29 AM
Put some oil on the barrel o-rings. If the inside of the mainbody is dry, it will really make it a pain to pull the barrel back out.

paintballrulzs
05-24-2002, 10:34 AM
thanks I will try that

giblit
05-24-2002, 10:55 AM
you can take out that washer thing cant you at from the body rail thing.

BTAutoMag
05-24-2002, 10:57 AM
check the twist lock

chw32587
05-25-2002, 01:34 AM
i had that prob with my old body one time.. all i did was take the body off and it slid right out

Croix71
05-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
check the twist lock

Yes check the twist lock assembly. You should be able to adust it so your barrel can slide off easier.

Vegeta
05-25-2002, 01:15 PM
I had this problem once when I got my gun. The gun was an old field rental.. and I had to take off the grip screw to get it out. Turns out that the twist lock assembly wasnt really denting in and clicking into place- it was a one peice... the field had installed it so that the barrels couldnt be removed unless the body was taken apart. Check to see that the twist lock actually has the little lock peice that gives in.

paintbattler
05-25-2002, 02:38 PM
try unscrewing the screw above the trigger. then put a washer in it. the screw is going into ur barrel. there is probably a round spot in the side of your barrel

personman
05-25-2002, 02:44 PM
Loosen the twistlock assembally. It should be right behind your gas-thru when you take off the trigger frame. there is a set screw.

Blennidae
05-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Maybe its the barrel? I have a CP barrel with the T slot. I was used to the L slots and would rotate it until it stopped turning then pull, which of course meant I had over rotated it. If your CP has the T slot, maybe you are doing the same thing.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-25-2002, 07:40 PM
woa yea i got this j&j set and it had the t slot (i didnt see this at first) and i would put it in with no problem but when i went to turn it i found out i put it in the hopper left position so there was no way it was comming out! so after takin my mag apart 6 times and adjusting the twistlock adding oil to the o-rings and doing all the stuff i thought was right i finally realized what i did. so i only turnd it to where it was like a vert feed barrel and then pulled and it came right out! i was happy :)