PDA

View Full Version : Bolt and chopping question

FactsOfLife
05-24-2002, 02:42 PM
OK, I rebuilt my valve and all is well so far. No leaking, no fatin', no sputtering. So, the next logical thing to do is to gas it up and drop a few ball down the power feed and pull the trigger. First thing I notice, the balls are dropping all the way into the chamber. They're gettig hung up on the foamie on the front of the bolt. So I cut it down from the nearly 1/4 inch to barely a 1/32. The ball looks like it's dropping in all the way, pull trigger, splat, big chop.

My main questions are these:

1. Do I really need a foamie on there to prevent ball breakage? It's an old style bolt with the venturi protruding.

2. Is there a better bolt out there that at one time replaced this older bolt? And, where can I get it??

as always, responses are appreciated!

iisp0tii
05-24-2002, 05:12 PM
i would get a new foamie bolt from agd. if the foamie is longer than the bolt, cut it down to where its flush. it may not need a foamie anyways, try it without it.

Blazingace
05-24-2002, 06:13 PM
I have the old style bolt also. I have never had that sort of a problem. Try it without the foamie. The new long nose bolt might be a viable replacement if you want to buy one.