PDA

View Full Version : CP Flame drop question.

I <3 MAGS
05-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Can anyone tell me if the CP flame drops come it different sizes?

I just got one for my new setup but I seem to be cutting it close with my 88/4500 PE tank. I can't screw the tank in if there is a cover on my fill nipple and I also don't think I will be able to turn it once I put a cover on. I am still waiting for it to come into my local shop.
I love the way the drop looks and would like to keep it but having easy access to get my tank on and off is more important to me.

If they don't make other sizes can anyone recommend a drop similar in size? I was thinking about the shocktech, but have heard nothing but bad things about them.

covadsucks
05-24-2002, 09:10 PM
The CP's do come in two sizes. There is the 1.5" drop for the Armageddon system and the 2.0" for everything else. I had the same issue with my 2.5 Lightning drop, but to rectify it, I simply removed my fill nipple cover and put it back on after I screwed the tank on. the CP drops are very nice. Just my $.02

I <3 MAGS
05-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Yea I figured I would just remove it as well. My main concern is it fitting once my dye cover is on. They are kind of bulky. Where would I measure from to see what size it is? I does look shorter than the ones I saw in the display case. Could I have gotten the one for the geddon and not know it, or would it not work?

RT_Luver
05-24-2002, 10:42 PM
would I have a problem with one of these if I use a non screw-in tank?

SlipknotX556
05-25-2002, 12:05 AM
NO NO NO. Do NOT get a CP flame drop. They are nothing but trouble. They wont fit into guns right and all this other crap. I hate mine. But I have to live with it till I get a shocktech drop.

Kaiser Bob
05-25-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
NO NO NO. Do NOT get a CP flame drop. They are nothing but trouble. They wont fit into guns right and all this other crap. I hate mine. But I have to live with it till I get a shocktech drop.

Crikey, opinionated bugger arent you? Everyone has their bad experiences with stuff from time to time, much like your warp feed? You have to admit how it was misbehaving for you was atypical. In any case, im sure the CP drops wouldent be out very long if thay all broke or worked crappy and such. I happen to have one laying around and it never gave me any trouble, its a hunk of metal, not much to go wrong there. :)

Army
05-25-2002, 12:36 AM
Got one on Big Red and Red Baron.

Never had a lick of trouble.

sicones
05-25-2002, 12:51 AM
I have one the the big chrome ones 2.5" I think, It is the best looking drop around and works great there are absolutely no problems with them GET IT!!

I <3 MAGS
05-25-2002, 07:31 AM
I already have the flame drop; I'm just having problems with it clearing my big fat 88/4500-pmi tank (with a cover?). Other than that it’s beautiful. It looks nice and the quality is top notch. I will have to go back to the shop today and see if I can grab one of those 2.5 inchers you were talking about.

Slipknots just to warn you, I hear that the shocktech drops have problems with breaking.