PDA

View Full Version : RT Z Grip

SYNTAX
05-25-2002, 12:45 AM
Hi all,

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place but I'm new to the Mag world and automags.org... I just purchased an Z-Grip Warp RT Mini Mag and it shot well at first but the then the zgrip decided to unscrew itself and now I am unable to get it up and running. If i gass it up i can fire once or twice before the trigger falls limp. If i play with the back screw i get a hiss out of the hole the allen wrench would go in to adjust velocity. It seemed to work before the trigger frame came off is there some trick to putting it back on?

heres a pic if it helps:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=313324

thanks for all the help,
-Cliff

a_malfunction
05-25-2002, 11:15 AM
If you raise the velocity too high, an internal blow-off valve (safety feature designed to prevent the gun from shooting too hot) activates and vents excess pressure out the back of the gun.

What exactly happened? The whole frame came off the gun? Make sure all the screws (banjo bolt and grip frame) are tight. They need to be wrench tightened, hand tightened wont cut it. If they arent, the gun will mess up.

SYNTAX
05-25-2002, 12:07 PM
Well i was stooting it for the first time in a live situatin and the RT got all mushy. Then the trigger would collapse all the way down and you would have to let it pop back up to get it to fire again. So I tossed the mag back in my car and went with a spare. When I got home and started to clean it i noticed that the front screw on the zgrip had unscrewed itself about 50% and I could see light throught a gap where the grip frame met the body. so I screwed it all back together, tightened down the back screw and now it doesnt even shoot... can you point be in the right direction? I got it used so I dont have much to go on...

thx
-Syn

paintbattler
05-25-2002, 02:50 PM
u have a nice gun, but i have no idea to fix it..ask tom or RT_Luver.he is smart w/ that stuff

RT_Luver
05-25-2002, 02:58 PM
I had that trouble B4. I'm not EXACTLY sure how i fixed it, but I remember having it. I believe what I did was when the trigger fell limp and the rod was coming out I unscrewed the screw that holds the vlave in place unti I heard a pop and I found out for some reason that the valve wasn't getting the air to where i needed to be Bcause it was really tight. once I did that I screwed it back in adn it worked fine. I also had it where everytime I pulled the trigger ALOT of gas would rush out and I fixed that the same way (it fixed both at the same time by doing what i said above) it did have something to do with the z-grip because it didn't happen w/ the intelli it came with. I just fiddled with it for a while and finally solved it. It happened a couple of times but as I said, all I did was uinscrew that valve screw ALL the way and jiggled the valve (DONT TAKE IT OUT) a little and it would work flawlessly. i hope this helps

SYNTAX
05-25-2002, 09:36 PM
right sooooooo,

I gave that a whirl and now when I gas it up nothing happens. Eeek! I hear the air rush into the valve but after that the tigger doenst come forward at all. What did I do? Is it time for a trip across country to AGD? Anyone know a good mag place in CA?

RT_Luver
05-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty good at fixing mags, but I can't just give the info. I kinda gotta be actually working on it. I say send it to AGD. they can fix it diffenatley and it'll work like a dream when you get it back. I'm sorry I couldn't of been of more help