PDA

View Full Version : Is Vertical Feed better than Powerfeed?

Magluvr
05-25-2002, 09:49 AM
I was wondering if there was any advantages to either the vertical feed or the powerfeed. It seems like a lot of the fancier guns always come equiped with a v/f so I was wondering why.

Bonx0007
05-25-2002, 09:53 AM
With LVL ten it doesn't really matter anymore. On other guns it all depends on the amount of blowback.More blowback = powerfeed better. Less blowback = doesn't really matter which. many people like vert feed because it does not favor one side of the gun. You can shoot from either side exposing yourself equally.

Telefragged
05-25-2002, 09:53 AM
Powerfeed is really better than a Mag. Mag's have a bit mroe blowback gas than most "higher-end" markers. That gas, bobbling the ball stack in a high-rise feed could lead to feeding and chopping problems at high ROF. A powerfeed helps to properly vent blowback gasses, and helps a lot to reduce feeding problems at high ROF.

Brian68mag
05-25-2002, 10:18 AM
i think vert feed is better on the new e-mags, on my mag i can put my hand over the vert feed and fire and no air comes up to hit it, it also has a blowhole in the back of the feed to vent air if it does go up.

RT_Luver
05-25-2002, 10:35 AM
IMO power feed is better. and if you have a warp, then a warp body power feed is better, IMO

Puddleglum
05-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Yes powerfeed is much better. It is easier to clean and mcuh more reliable. It also feeds faster.

kosmo
05-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Since I got my RT Pro 2 weeks ago, Ive broken 3 elbows and lost the powerfeed plug twice (well once, but I did an emergency repair in the middle of the game by jamming a penny up there but that fell out too :P ) Also the balance is better with a vert feed gun. Never once had any problems with vert feed not feeding fast enough on my previous mag either.

shartley
05-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Since I got my RT Pro 2 weeks ago, Ive broken 3 elbows and lost the powerfeed plug twice (well once, but I did an emergency repair in the middle of the game by jamming a penny up there but that fell out too :P ) Also the balance is better with a vert feed gun. Never once had any problems with vert feed not feeding fast enough on my previous mag either.
Wow…. I can understand your comment on the vertical feed never having a problem feeding fast enough for you, but the other issues?

Your first problem sounds more like one of unusual roughness. Three elbows in 2 weeks AND powerfeed plug lost twice? To break elbows like that you have to be doing something wrong. Are you using it to stop you from running into a bunker or something? And I just checked MY powerfeed plug and it actually takes some effort to pull it out. It does not just slip out easily. So how it can just be “lost” is confusing to me…. Even more so with a new Marker.

As for the balance issue…. I just held my RT Pro with power feed hopper left up to see how it balances….. seems to be almost perfectly vertical. I know I don’t have any “special” setup on my Marker either. It is just a standard RT Pro with 12V Revvy on top and a 68/4500 Flatline on a small Kapp Drop. Yes, nice setup, but nothing “special” to offset any balance issues. And I don’t know anyone who uses a plumb-bob when playing so they can keep a perfectly vertical line on their markers anyway.

I am not trying to be harsh, but this person wanted honest opinions so that they could make an educated choice, and these excuses are just from out of this world.

kosmo
05-25-2002, 02:21 PM
The elbows were a few VLbows I think, the kind where it has the screws to tighten it onto the feed neck. I dont know what it is with the three I had, but I really really had to tighten them to get them tight enough so the hopper didnt fall off. After a few games each, they all just started splitting up the side. And the powerfeed plug was only lost once, but the penny fell out too so we had to quit playing. Im not sure how it came out since I was using my bushmaster and the German exchange kid was using my mag at the time and he just ran up to me in game with the balls flying out of the powerfeed with an astonished look on his face. Couldnt find the plug anywhere. Not usual occurances I know, but still something I would rather not deal with.

paintbattler
05-25-2002, 02:34 PM
my personal opinion is that pf os better than vf. only one thing bad about pf, u need an elbow

shartley
05-25-2002, 02:35 PM
kosmo
Thanks for explaining further. Yes, sounds like you just had some messed up elbows… maybe a bad lot or something. I use that type myself (I think they are the same… clear elbows with large screws at the top and bottom openings to secure them to the Hopper and Feed) and it is quite nice actually.

As for the plug… sounds almost like he hit it on something or snagged it somehow. Like I said, I tested mine and it is in pretty tight. I then went to my Son’s Spyder and tried his (his has a powerfeed as well) and it was in even tighter than my RT Pro.

I am very sorry to hear you had such strange problems. I was just worried that your experience would be used as an indicator of how the powerfeeds were, when it is not.

I think your final sentence sums it up well:

Not usual occurances I know, but still something I would rather not deal with.
And had you said that in your first post I probably would not have even posted. LOL I hope you understand.

kosmo
05-25-2002, 02:49 PM
I completely understand where you were coming from. Not a problem.