PDA

View Full Version : Shocker or Impulse

Zelda Ramras
05-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Which do you like more; Shocker or Impulse, and why?

FeelTheRT
05-25-2002, 09:45 PM
IMO, they both have problems. Lets start with the Shocker. Though it's very accurate due to the low kick, the gas efficiency is just crazy. Also, some people complain about it's size and weight. Other than that, its a very accurate and fast gun.

The Impulse was supposivly the newer and improved version of the Shocker. It's defenetly smaller in size and comes with a vert feed. Also it's much more better on gas effiency. But what most people hate about the Impulse is that the stock trigger is total crap. They have improved it by alot but it still is crap comparing it to high end electros. Also with out the Tapeworm mod, you might get some bolt stick. There was also some talk about the boards frying often but i'm not too sure of that...

IMO if your looking to get a gun around $400-500, I'd say look into the Intimidator or Bushmaster2000.

RT_Luver
05-25-2002, 10:42 PM
go with the impulse. really good guns if you get the RIGHT one. if you get one get a good one. the shocker is heavy and the impulse is an updated version of the impulse so it just makes since gettin the updated version of a gun to me atleast. do a little research on impulses and i think u'll be impressed

theraidenproject
05-25-2002, 10:47 PM
I havn't really had much experience with either, but my feeling about the shocker is basically summed up in that picture showing a brick with a trigger frame and a barrel. Also, they have a funny name (but this isn't the place to explain the secondary definiton). I think high-end impulses are pretty cool, though. I've seen a Demonic Impy in action before, and let me say, I was impressed. Can the shockers even get eyes? Anyway, bottom line is, I would take an Impy over a Shocker.

magking1971
05-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Impulse all the way!
I had an Impulse and no problems ever, I had no tapeworm but I could dry fire all day and no bolt stick.
Plus I could shoot faster with my Impulse than my E-mag but I did not like the cheap feel of the Impulse.(
Impulse=dang good marker! RIPS!

chw32587
05-26-2002, 12:34 AM
personaly i'd go with the impulse

magatron
05-26-2002, 12:36 AM
impy. being as they're silent and when i played with someone usin one, each ball that flew by sounded like bees going 300fps, and it was real accurate too. if your looking into one, save up and get vision and a turbo board cause from i heart those are realy sweet. course looking at it, by the time you get that, a tank, air assist, your almost up to enough for a base model angel lcd or an emag, or even a nive cocker like a shocktech or an a.n.s. extreem with a hinge trigg and proly even a boomy.