PDA

View Full Version : Powerfeed or center feed???? which is better?

Sparky5472
05-25-2002, 07:56 PM
This month was a bad month for me three days after my birthday my house was broken into and they got away with my minimag and ALL my paintball gear! About 2500 worth. Anyway
thank God for insurance. I was thinking with the money on buying an RT Pro w/ intelliframe my question is should I buy the center feed or the power feed? And if the center feed will any mag barrel fit without being modified.
Would appreciate any info, my mag bros.

Blazingace
05-25-2002, 08:39 PM
Number one thing. May they suffer being shot by many children with hot tippmans!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: The good thing is that if you registered it they can't do anything with it. AGD is the best at taking care of their customers. On to your question. It depends on what you want to do with it. Do you plan to run a warp feed on it? If so the powerfeed is the way to go. You can run a regualr hopper set-up for a while then warp it without having to either buy a new body or use a weird feed set-up. If you are not going to warp it you mighy want a vertical feed. The vert feed allows balls to feed slighly faster than a powerfeed. You may have to watch your hopper a little more with the vert feed so you don't stick it out from behind the bunker first. Hope this helps.

athomas
05-26-2002, 09:40 AM
Get the powerfeed. Mags have a blowback problem because they cycle too fast. A vertical feed causes the air to vent up the stack and push the balls back hampering the feed rate. On the powerfeed, the air is used to rebound the waiting ball into the breach and actually increases the feed rate.

Once the new level 10 valve upgrade comes out it may help this problem but until then go powerfeed.

Sparky5472
05-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey, thanks for the replies, this will help make my decision easier. I liked the pf on my mm so I think that I will stick with that. I would like to go with the warp feed but sometimes to my disadvantage i'm a southpaw, unless they make one for that. Does anyone know when the level 10 will be available? And Blazingace I coul'nt agree more with you, may they be hit hard.
:D