PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve

MartinMag
05-25-2002, 10:14 PM
I have a mag all thats new on it is a INS venturi bolt and a benckmark frame and i was wondering if i should get a retro valve for it and some pros and cons on the retro valve.

Thanks a bunch,
Martin

MrMag
05-26-2002, 12:15 AM
err, get the retro valve!! i cant even think of any real cons cept it is kinda expnsive

Bartleby
05-26-2002, 01:18 AM
the retro improves your gun a number of ways. it increases rate of fire, decrease drop off, increases consistency and offers is infamous reactive trigger. cons are that the standard valve can hit 16bps as it is without drop off and that it is fairly expensive. I know people that bought them and say they don't know how they'd play without one. but i also have friends that say it made no difference other than consistency. I would personally get one just for the reactive trigger though.

athomas
05-26-2002, 09:35 AM
I just got a retro valve and found that my trigger pull feels a little lighter and snappier. I think the biggest improvement is the fact that the quicker recharge rate decreases the chance of short stroking. Some of the time in the heat of battle, we have a tendency to not release the trigger all the way when firing. On a standard valve this causes a low pressure shot or worst, a cut ball because one couldn't fall into the chamber quick enough.

We can accelerate the ball into the chamber with a good hopper and we can increase the charge rate using the retro valve. By increasing the charge rate, we effectively eliminate the recharge problem. Even if the trigger is only partially released and then pulled, the retro valve charge rate is high enough to provide a full air charge.