PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Buy/Sell forum

BTAutoMag
05-26-2002, 12:00 AM
let the members who start a thread there have SMALL moderator capabilities on the threads they start. not too much just the ability to lock the thread from posting so that if the item is sold it will clear off the board and let the other active ones stay up longer. this will also reduce the "up" usage. so the suggestion goes...

give the thread starter the optiong the lock the thread as a "sold" option

FaSSt
05-26-2002, 12:25 AM
Users currently have an even better, more powerful option - that of deleting the entire thread they started. I think it's mostly laziness that keeps "sold" threads from being deleted.

BTAutoMag
05-26-2002, 12:28 AM
i dont delete any threads i make for refference. so i can go back and say "oh yea i sold you the thingamagigger, is there anything wrong?"

Phil
05-26-2002, 01:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing FASST. When your stuff sells delete your thread. Then when you want to buy something you dont have to sift through a bunch of already sold stuff to find what your looking for!!!!!!

pip_999
05-26-2002, 07:27 AM
bt - good idea
other 2 guys - he was just stating a point

Ultimator
05-26-2002, 07:51 AM
If you delete a sale post, and something messes up in the long run, like BT said, you have no reference to say "Ha I told you that was not included, you read wrong!" Or something like that.

kutter
05-26-2002, 08:01 AM
The other advantage to having old threads is as a basis for setting prices. Without being able to see what something is selling for, its hard to set a price or determine if what you are paying is fair.