PDA

View Full Version : "You can't shoot a mag under water"

paint magnet
05-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Last time I played (yesterday), some guy that was selling his electro cocker for an Angel insisted that you couldn't shoot a mag under water. I said you could. He said "Who told you you could shoot it under water and not hurt it?" I told him that Tom Kaye said that and he shut up for a while, but then he asked me if you could shoot paint under water. I said you probably could if you did it really fast, but that the paint would likely break before it exited the gun. Wouldn't this still be considered shooting, because it did fire a ball, even if it broke, right?

Bonx0007
05-26-2002, 10:57 AM
The water would make it impossible for any gun to successfully fire a paintball underwater. It is to thick a medium.The ball would just burst.

Mossman
05-26-2002, 11:00 AM
the real question is who's gonna try it first? :)

BlackVCG
05-26-2002, 11:20 AM
Of course you can put your gun underwater and fire it. One of the ways to clean your gun is put it in water and swish it around to clean it off. Well, there's plenty of morons that like to pull the trigger and make it shoot underwater which results in water getting into the valve and then they let the gun sit with all that water in it.

paint magnet
05-26-2002, 11:38 AM
I thought it wouldn't hurt a mag to shoot it under water, or does that just mean with the valve sticking out of the water and not completely submurged?

Mossman
05-26-2002, 11:50 AM
as long as its pressurized, the whole gun can be underwater and shoot fine. Come on guys, dont make me be the first one to try actually shooting it. LOL, when the ball breaks paint will come out of the powerfeed and everything, it should be great

personman
05-26-2002, 11:52 AM
just drop a paintball in there and shoot it before it can get soggy! :)

paintbattler
05-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Mossman
the real question is who's gonna try it first? :) exactly

Bonx0007
05-26-2002, 11:59 AM
People The paintball will have to get wet remember that the power feed is not water proof! THere will be water in the breech that may stop it from loading properly.

RT_Luver
05-26-2002, 12:40 PM
I bet you anything some one has tried this and just not admitting it

Mossman
05-26-2002, 12:52 PM
someone could just get their nubbins nice and tight and hold it down in a bucket so that the only part of the gun in the water is right below the breech...and the back of the gun and valve stick out off the water

Polishpickles451
05-26-2002, 03:40 PM
I've tried shooting dry and yes, with a paintball underwater. NOt a big deal at all. As long as the gun is under pressure, no water will get into the valve or anything. Great way to clean it off. The place where people do make a mistake is depressurizing the gun after taking it out of the water. Now water can get in. Leave the tank on until it's completly dry.
Now...about the paintball...
It just makes a big splash and barely comes out the barrel.

Vegeta
05-26-2002, 04:24 PM
we have seen here that the mag can.. it is blowforward.. but what about blowbacks? the blowback gas wit hthe water around hte bolt would make it impossible for hte gas to blow back the bolt. And hte cocker has that massive back block which would make it very slow to recock if it all.

Bonx0007
05-26-2002, 05:43 PM
I give my apologies to Army and everyone who I offended. I got carried away. I did reevaluate my behavior on this forum and I can assure you that it will not happen again. Once again, I am sorry.

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 05:56 PM
i DEMAND someone video tapes them shooting thier mag under water so we can shut all the cocker jocks up at the field....

Hacker240
05-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Back when i used to play woods ball more, i jumped off of a little ledge into the big creek that goes up to my armpits(im 5'3) and my gun was completely submerged. I even shot it underwater on accident on other occasions when i was in that god forsaken creek. Now its over a year later, and she still shoots great.:mad:

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 08:54 PM
dude....make a video or something....

Schnitzel
05-26-2002, 11:12 PM
i've done it in my pool....no problems at all. I even put a couple rounds through it before it dried off...no drop in performance at all.

nutz
05-27-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Of course you can put your gun underwater and fire it. One of the ways to clean your gun is put it in water and swish it around to clean it off. Well, there's plenty of morons that like to pull the trigger and make it shoot underwater which results in water getting into the valve and then they let the gun sit with all that water in it.

Black i dont believe any water would actually enter the valve... there have been discusions on this in the tech forum and no water enters the valve because the valve represurizes fast enough to keep it out :)

Jonno06
05-27-2002, 11:46 AM
what about a retro valve,or would that even matter?

Peter12345
05-28-2003, 08:21 PM
I did it my pool after all you people reassured me it would not hurt my Automag. It is pretty crazy. You have to feed the balls in by hand or they do not go in at all (if you have a electro hopper it would). They do not go very fast though. But pretty cool!

ZyperioN
05-28-2003, 08:28 PM
anyone feel like sealing their HALO up and using it's force feed to unload a hopper underwater? A video of that would be hilarious!

SlipknotX556
05-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Alright, after the summer, when I have enough money to throw around, I will buy a stock mag for dirt cheap, shoot it under water. I will video tape it, then have my friend host it, have everyone watch it on AO, PBN.

Then I shall be known as "The idiot who actually fired his mag under water"

What a title.

fearc7
05-28-2003, 08:35 PM
You guys I used to clean my gun by dipping it, and its not a good idea at all. My allen screws coroded BAD, and my bolt pring coroded SO bad the gun wouldn't shoot and it left a stain in the body tube. I suggest people don't use this method regularly...

Army_Pilot
05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
I clean my RT in water all the time......Oh and I bought an extra long warp hose so that I could force feed balls into the gun from outside the sink and I must say that it was the most beautiful sight I have ever witnessed. I will videotape it next time...

FalconGuy016
05-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Army_Pilot
I clean my RT in water all the time......Oh and I bought an extra long warp hose so that I could force feed balls into the gun from outside the sink and I must say that it was the most beautiful sight I have ever witnessed. I will videotape it next time...

Please do!

lazebum
05-29-2003, 09:23 PM
this is going to be great! and messy

Sir Chopsalot
05-29-2003, 10:04 PM
i just want to see someone play a game of paintball in a huge pool with those rubber t balls, that would be really interesting to see.

OKJEFF4
05-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Uhh, Bill Mills did it, with Stingray 1s. That was back in the day though.

TequilaMockingbird
05-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Hmmm, just tried to fire my E-Mag underwater and it didn't work. Made a pretty flash and all the fish floated to the top of the aquarium though. :confused:

Back in the day we used to cock our Lapcos, fill the barrel with water, and give an unsuspecting person a bath.... got about 30' range out of them. I'd say any non-electro gun would work underwater, at least for one shot.

FeelTheRT
05-30-2003, 12:17 AM
that guy is an idiot. Tom Kaye suggests that you clean the gun by submerging it under water in that instructional video does he not?

rkjunior303
05-30-2003, 08:39 AM
isnt the bolt spring stainless? it shouldnt rust.