PDA

View Full Version : The Trekkies are insulting TK

RomulanAlethe2nd
05-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Operation Defend! (http://www.williamshatner.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=2976&sessionID={53226B9B-A6E1-4197-A5B2-152540F65684}&forumid=1)

OOPs does this make me an informent?

:rolleyes:

Rynoboy06
05-26-2002, 05:36 PM
I think they humiliated themselves enough already. Just read these posts. Crackheads, all of them...:D

Edit- The "crackheads" statement is intended in the friendliest, most joking way possible. I just burst out laughing reading some of those posts. I LIKE star trek, but, man o man, some of those posts...

LittMag
05-26-2002, 05:37 PM
We are now all dumber for having read that.

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 05:37 PM
i didnt see anything but a bunch of trekkors....

spazzed
05-26-2002, 05:48 PM
Relax ppl, I'm having a grand ole' time over there ;-) Smackin' em around w/ my imaginary C&C Extreem :D :D

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Rynoboy06
Crackheads, all of them...:D

Um hum. I could say something about name calling, but...

Hey, if you can't beat us, which we've proven, thus far, you can not, why not join us! We can have our own little Virtual Painball war!

Spazzed is the best! Joker is playing, and Load! :D

All I ask is that you don't bash us, call us names, or pick on Shatner, since it is his site. I don't trash paintball here, so...

Also, 8:00 P.M. Pacific time - play "What's That They're Saying" You don't have to have Trek knowledge to play, and it's pretty fun! Again, just follow the requests above...:D

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 06:02 PM
if you cant beat them,join em
if you cant join em,bribe em
if you cant bribe em,black mail em....

RomulanAlethe2nd
05-26-2002, 06:47 PM
:) Hey I can't Believe C.J. did that! She just welcomed you guys to Our site! (http://www.williamshatner.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=2980&sessionID={CE375582-D195-4E68-8C16-2CBE9AAB9E53}&forumid=1)

Still think Star Trek aint cool?
:p

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 06:57 PM
And, the "Borg" just got a paint enema! LOL!!!

Load SM5
05-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Eh, we left early.:D

[M@g_D@ddy]
05-26-2002, 07:07 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha
star trek, aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

time to move out from ur parents house kiddies

05-26-2002, 07:08 PM
It reminded me of that Star Wars thing on Conan with the dog and all the funny looking Star Wars guys renacting scenes.

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by [M@g_D@ddy]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha
star trek, aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

time to move out from ur parents house kiddies

You know, sterotypes just serve to put a deeper wedge between us.

I do not live with my parents. I have a college degree. I am a teacher at a Catholic school. I hike, camp, sing in two choirs, paint, write, and lots of other things. I am a Cleveland Indians fan, and of course, a Laker fan. I do a lot of volunteer work at my church, and attend mass regularly. I am on the Altar guild, direct the children's Advent and Lent programs, Vacation Bible School, and direct the children's choir.

I have a close-knit group of friends, all with diverse interests. I have owned my own business before, and plan to start up another one this summer.

I have written my first novel.link (http://forums.section31.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000177
)
Star Trek/ Shatner is one facet of my being. There are many others. Just because someone is a Trekkie, doesn't mean that they are losers, crackheads, have cheeto stained keyboards, are geeks, nerds, or have no sense of reality.

We are grateful to have a place where we can go and chat about things that interest us without being judged. We have a lot of fun at it, as you have seen. It's all in the name of creativity and friendship.

I marvel at our relationship here, truly the odd couple of sites. I am grateful that we are able to enjoy each other's company, and have a healthy bit of competition. However, it makes me sad to see that, after all we have shared, and learned about each other, you still can't see past your Trekkie stereotype. It goes both ways.

the JoKeR
05-26-2002, 07:41 PM
You lost me at the Cleveland Indian part..... :D

Major Ho
05-26-2002, 07:41 PM
Whatever goes around comes around. Im reading too many posts of ppl taking it too seriously or a step too far. There is playful smack talk and there is plain ol' insults. Im trying to be as unbiased as possible but it seems that seveal of the AO members posting are the ones being the aggressors. I have personally seen nothing but friendly pokes from the Trek guys/gals. You people are taking this too seriously...
Besides, im having fun reading them lil scenario dealys they got goin on over there...

Hacker240
05-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey I go to a Catholic school, and let me tell you, the teachers arent as nice as they seem. No offense. How od you have time to be on AO so much and still do all the things you mentioned. :mad: j/k i had to have my signature mad face.

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 07:50 PM
While, usually, I take a lot of the jabs and insults in stride, sometimes it just gets old, you know? Trekkies are always being portrayed as people who have no life, live with their parents at 35, are totally socially inept, geeks, etc. I just wanted to let you know more about me, as a means to break the sterotype, or at least chip away at it...

BTW - We are not allowed to beat the children anymore... Catholic schools have changed a lot in the last 50 years. I am a really fun teacher! Just ask my kids!

:D

RT_Luver
05-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by RomulanAlethe2nd

OOPs does this make me an informent?

yes:cool:

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Hacker - I'm sorry you are not having a positive experience at your school. Many Catholic schools have tried in recent years to improve relationships with students, parents, and faculty.

It is easy to do all of the things I do. You can always manage to fit in the things you love. I'll admit, days are too short, but, there is always a way!

the JoKeR
05-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by retrotrek
While, usually, I take a lot of the jabs and insults in stride, sometimes it just gets old, you know? Trekkies are always being portrayed as people who have no life, live with their parents at 35, are totally socially inept, geeks, etc. I just wanted to let you know more about me, as a means to break the sterotype, or at least chip away at it...

Didn't Shatner play that up a bit on Sat. Night Live or something?

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 08:53 PM
Yeah, he did, and he's been apologizing ever since! LOL

Really, guys. I'm just asking you to open your minds and see us as the individuals we are, instead of lumping us into the loser category, automatically, becuase we are Trekkies or Shatner fans...

Can you do that, for me? Please?:D

spazzed
05-26-2002, 08:56 PM
Retrotrek, I want to appologize for the minority that continue to be punks. I hope you've learned that they are in now way the majority of us.

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 09:04 PM
:) Thanks, Spazzed.

My invite still goes out to AO for 8 PM pacific time, one hour from now for "What's That They Are Saying". It's always entertaining!

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 09:05 PM
sh....go eat some cheetos....lol,j/k

i actually LOVE cheetos,but they get my fingers all orange and that is a no-go...

spazzed
05-26-2002, 09:26 PM
I'll try to be there retrotreck!

That's the best part about Cheeto's! You get to lick the immitation cheese-stuff off! Yum!

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 09:31 PM
Now, I am more of a Doritos fan, myself... stil get the yummy stuff on your fingers, though...:D

obsolete898
05-26-2002, 09:35 PM
I hate that damn residue.

phiber_optik
05-26-2002, 09:47 PM
ewww fat smelly trekkies playing pball... if i play that (because its for charity) and theres on in my bunker im kickin him out of it

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 09:52 PM

I wish there was a qualitative filter on the "Notify of response" feature, which would notify me when GOOD responses are made...that way I wouldn't rush over here to read a post, just to read this...

the JoKeR
05-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Then you're certainly not going to be happy about coming back just to read this!

:D

Load SM5
05-26-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey I don't get response notification from Shatner BBS.

the JoKeR
05-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Here's a copy of the response I got:
"Trekkydude posted on the following thread: What would you do if you were trapped in an elevator with Mr. Shatner for two hours?".

Scary part, that's pretty close to a thread they had!:eek: :D

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 10:05 PM
LMAOROF

That was good!:D

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Y'all are missing all the fun! Come on over and play "What's That They're Saying"

Round one is almost over, but you can jump in anytime!

the JoKeR
05-26-2002, 11:46 PM
I hope your inviting the "dirty kids" over to play didn't ruin it for the locals!

retrotrek
05-26-2002, 11:54 PM
Awww. you aren't a dirty kid! Everyone had fun, I am sure! It was a great game, and thanks for joining us!

WARPED1
05-27-2002, 12:02 AM
I liked Shatner as rhe Big Giant Head on 3rd Rock from the Sun.

retrotrek
05-27-2002, 12:09 AM
Guys - thanks for being cool about the edit thing... The thread looks clean to me! :D

Glad you guys had fun! We sure did! You're always welcome!

Timmee
05-27-2002, 06:10 AM
I try to be as friendly as possible, and I hope I didn't push it with my posts over there. I wish I could go to Shatnerball, but as it stands now, I won't be going. BTW, if it's possible for ya'll to give notice over here for your story installments, I know I'd try to make it over there.

BTW, no matter who wins in August, I hope all you Trekkies that go have a good time. :)

RomulanAlethe2nd
05-27-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Timmee
I try to be as friendly as possible, and I hope I didn't push it with my posts over there. I wish I could go to Shatnerball, but as it stands now, I won't be going. BTW, if it's possible for ya'll to give notice over here for your story installments, I know I'd try to make it over there.

BTW, no matter who wins in August, I hope all you Trekkies that go have a good time. :)

Should we title the next invite the same? ;)

[M@g_D@ddy]
05-27-2002, 01:06 PM
sorry to punk out like that guys. i know how it feels. i'm like one of only 5 ppl that play in like my whole town and they make fun of me cuz i'm a hardcore pball player. sorry again guys. :rolleyes: