PDA

View Full Version : velocity loss

White Eagle
05-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Hello
I am new so please excuse me if I go over a topic that has been covered before.
I have a minimag and when I rapid fire it I seem to lose velocity.Is the a.n.s.phase 2 valve going to resolve this or not ?I shoot with a newley added remote system and use co2 my only other mods are a valve spacer kit and a new on off top.
Any suggestions or ideas on this matter would be appreciated.

Blazingace
05-26-2002, 08:44 PM
A few ideas. 1)When you screw the remote piston down to gas up the marker try backing the piston out a turn or two. I had that problem when I screwed it down all the way it would seat in the CO2 tank and restrict flow. the other side of the coin is it screwed in enought to fully open the pin valve? 2)Have you chonographed the marker? The velocity adjust nut might be backed out too far, or interfering with the reg. assembly. 3)Are you using a secondary reg. attached to your marker? If you are it maybe starving the marker, try firing without it. 4)Is the on/off top an AGD part or aftermarket? If it is an aftermarket part try shooting with the origianl top. Fresh out of ideas now. Just make sure that there is good flow from the tank all the way to the valve and go from there. If it worked fine before you added something take a close look at the new parts as they may be the cause of it.

BlackVCG
05-27-2002, 01:13 AM
Try replacing your on/off top with the original one. I'll bet that's the problem.

xatle
05-27-2002, 08:50 PM
also you might be short stroking the trigger when you rapid fire, if your new to mags you might concider some out of game trigger practice, start small, 3 round bursts till you get up to speed without shootdown, then move up and repeat till you can do 8+ without a problem.
i personally dont trust parts not made by agd, seen to many that either bring down the performance of a mag or have so many problems they have no buisness bein attached to a mag, but thats just my opinion.

Ityl
05-28-2002, 04:08 PM
it's most likely the CO2.

Make sure your gun is well oiled and clean on the inside. Unscrew the reg from the back and wipe it out before you oil it.

Also pull the trigger slowly, it should have a sudden burst of air. If it hisses slowly you need to replace your pt oring or go one step smaller on the pt spacer.

if your gun is all good it's the CO2, or the remote could be constricting flow. Also if you are running MICRO line it can constrict. Expansion chamber constrict flow also.

Getting HPA really helps with a mag, but if you can't get it, try to have the CO2 take the least amount of turns as possible. And put an expansion chamber on the front of it. It will store more gas so during rapid fire the air doesn't have to flow all the way through the remote.