PDA

View Full Version : I thought that opawlak used agd products

Lentz
05-26-2002, 09:52 PM
I thought that "O" is sponsored by agd. What agd products does he use. He came up to a local tourny with his boys and he was shooting a GZ timmy any words on why he wasnt using agd products.

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 10:07 PM
well,if he is shooting a GZ timmy,i dont think he is sponsored by AGD

its Oh Pawlak...

AGD
05-26-2002, 10:24 PM
Yes he is sponsored by us. That was the case the last time we talked anyway.

AGD

Bonx0007
05-26-2002, 10:26 PM
uh o. busted

obsolete898
05-26-2002, 10:33 PM
He's gonna get a spanking.

Jonno06
05-26-2002, 10:34 PM
omg,you got oh pawlak busted......

NARK!

Lentz
05-26-2002, 11:00 PM
he may have just been trying out the gun you know who knows the circumstances. I mean those Gz timmys are shweet. O did a great job at the tourny and i gotta give his predator team some props for the win .

M-a-s-sDriver
05-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Looks like Oh gained about 100 pounds too.
By the way, this weekend at Combat Zone, he was shooting a regular RT with the old high-rise.
Also, we beat the crap out of them, kept them out of the finals, and made them drive off in an agitated state, even though they played on horribly. Oh well.
Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

liigod
05-27-2002, 12:29 AM
hahaha, pred h8s bob long stuff. but good for him, timmahs rock!

Croix71
05-27-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
Looks like Oh gained about 100 pounds too.

Yeah, I thought he was a lot smaller than the picture posted? I don't know him personally so, who knows...

shartley
05-27-2002, 06:23 AM
omg,you got oh pawlak busted......
Looks more like he got himself busted. ;)

I am curious about this. If he is an AGD sponsored person, and does not use AGD Equipment…. how is he keeping up his end of any sponsorship? However, part of that might be answered by looking at the first post and asking one simple question..

I thought that "O" is sponsored by agd. What agd products does he use. He came up to a local tourny with his boys and he was shooting a GZ timmy any words on why he wasnt using agd products.
When he said “his boys”, did he mean his “Team” or his “Children” (I don't know how old he is.. I don't follow him.).

If it was his team, I would say this would be a problem…. If it was his children, no problem.

Again, I am interested in hearing more about this….

Mango
05-27-2002, 07:30 AM
Who is this guy and why should we care??

Not flameing just curious, I've never heard of him. Please inform me.

shartley
05-27-2002, 07:41 AM
Here you go SprayingMango http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15543

Hope that helps. I did a search using his name and he is mentioned offhand in 121 posts here on AO.. but most don't explain who he is. That link above does is short and sweet.

Mango
05-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Thanks Shartley, I searched right after I posted and found that too. :) I remembered "oh search feature!"

Thanks again.

shartley
05-27-2002, 08:49 AM
No problem.... ;)

RT_Luver
05-27-2002, 11:57 AM
someone's in trouble

Vegeta
05-27-2002, 12:07 PM
He is in one of those black and white ads in the back of APG, a one pager, where he is toting a pump minimag i think. Also got one of those neat "No Skill No Talet, Just Heart *Automag* " sitckers on the tank, and getting huasted by some chick that looks fifteen years younger than him. Taking that- he looks a little on the chubby side in the ic posted up there..... eh.

Now I could understand if he was using htat just to try it out or just for this game- since it was mentioned that he was spotted at another field running an RT... but what picks at me is that no where, on his jersey of what we can see, or his pack, or anywhere does he have an AGD logo.

Speaking of, there wasa few articles in last month's ad-whore magazine about sponsorship. (APG)

rjvemt1
05-27-2002, 12:08 PM
oh is the son of ed pawlak who is predetor marketing and owns 'paintball sams' sacremento ca. a huge field (500+ acres) that does alot of big games and charity stuff toys-for-tots etc.

Croix71
05-27-2002, 12:10 PM
I usually give people benefit of the doubt. If he's a shop owner maybe he's test driving the GZ to see how it performs.

Lentz
05-27-2002, 01:06 PM
ok OH was playing with a team he brought up from predator paintball. his team is sponsored by diablo and thanks to his hookup he was able to get the diablo people to bring down paint and air for the tourny. Oh was just not using an agd gun i wasnt even thinking about that during his playing and didnt look further into it. I just noticed in my pics from the tourny he was using a gz timmy. He could have been using a flatline tank i mean we know the jags dont use emags any more but still use the tanks. Also HE personally is sponsored by agd not his team so that may be why he wasnt using or had agd logos visible. Predator is the best store in california for deals on mags so he still hooks it up.

Major Ho
05-27-2002, 02:33 PM
Bad Company doesnt use their spyders during practice all the time. But they always use thier Kingman stuff for tourneys. Maybe Oh is doing the same deal.

MagMan5446
05-27-2002, 05:54 PM
That is one helluva gut!

PowerFedMag
05-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Lets make more comments about his weight (size, etc..)!!!...yea or I'll just order a Flatline from him. Yea..ordering the Flatline sounds good.

SFL E-Mag here I come.

RobAGD
05-27-2002, 06:25 PM
If that Is OH then he has gained another person. That could be his father. Oh on a good day might have weighed in at 125-145 that gut weighs that much.

-Robert

KayleAGD
05-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Is Oh left handed ???????????

Jonno06
05-27-2002, 07:56 PM
i dont think so,but you always shoot lefty when shooting out left side of bunker....

and i actually discovered....shooting left handed,out of the right side of the bunker,and right handed,out left side of bunker gives you a smaller profile!

M-a-s-sDriver
05-27-2002, 08:39 PM
That must be a kevlar reinforced Redz pack with a high tensile strength. It's operating at about the same P.S.I. as that Intimidator.
Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

boggerman
05-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Could it be that it was just some guy that Oh gave a jersey to?:confused:
BTW, hahaha m-a-s-sdriver.

Dubstar112
05-28-2002, 07:17 AM
Oh-my :D :p Im sure thats went through all of our heads

Havoc_online
05-28-2002, 07:32 AM
he may have just been trying out the gun you know who knows the circumstances.

The circumstances are, if you are sponsored by AGD, you use AGD products to all practices and events. If he owns a store and was trying a gun out, he can try it out off the field in his store. Even in staging areas, I dont and wouldnt touch anything but a mag. I'm sure most people would do the same for the chance he had to get sponsored. Maybe there is another side that changes everything but I would really like to see or hear about it.

shartley
05-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Havoc_online
I agree. I would cut some slack if going someplace that is NOT running a tournament, such as just a day out having fun with your pals… but if you enter into a tournament and are a Sponsored player, you should always use the equipment of your Sponsor. No ifs ands or buts.

One good thing though…. There seems to be some confusion as to if that is really Oh or not. ;)

Major Ho said something interesting though…

Bad Company doesnt use their spyders during practice all the time. But they always use thier Kingman stuff for tourneys. Maybe Oh is doing the same deal.
I would think it would be foolish NOT to use your Game Marker for practice. After all, I don’t know anyone who would practice for a skeet shooting competition using a shotgun other than the one they would be using at the competitions. Why would this not also be the case for Paintball? Wouldn’t you want to be as “one” with your marker as you can?

Also, like I said, it is one thing not using your Sponsored Equipment during “practice”, but didn’t the author of this thread state this was a “Tournament”? There is a big difference….

I too am interested in hearing more about this…..

luke
05-28-2002, 07:54 AM
A friend of mine played against him (his team) in a tournament in Tucson Ariz. Apparently he is no longer playing at the Pro level, he took a year off in order to claim Amateur status (PanAm rules).

He also said that Oh was extremely over weight.

shartley
05-28-2002, 08:10 AM
A friend of mine played against him (his team) in a tournament in Tucson Ariz. Apparently he is no longer playing at the Pro level, he took a year off in order to claim Amateur status (PanAm rules).

He also said that Oh was extremely over weight.
This just bothers me somehow…. Why would a Pro want to claim Amateur Status? Would that be because they can not compete with other Pro’s and win, but know if they get officially classified as an Amateur they can? I don’t mean this as a flame, I am sincerely wondering about this.

What would be the reason a Pro player would want Amateur status again?

(And we seem to have another confirmed overweight sighting. ;) Maybe he should have stayed Pro?)

krafty
05-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by KayleAGD
Is Oh left handed ???????????

Actually, I believe he is. From all the promo shots I've seen with him, he seems to hold his gun in his left hand. (And thinking back to YEARS ago when the World Cup was on ESPN, I remember seeing him playing mostly left-handed down in Florida.)

Havoc_online
05-28-2002, 11:05 AM
I would cut some slack if going someplace that is NOT running a tournament, such as just a day out having fun with your pals…

I would still think his contract would ask that he use his AGD gear for ALL practices and events.

One good thing though…. There seems to be some confusion as to if that is really Oh or not.
totally true

I would think it would be foolish NOT to use your Game Marker for practice. After all, I don’t know anyone who would practice for a skeet shooting competition using a shotgun other than the one they would be using at the competitions. Why would this not also be the case for Paintball? Wouldn’t you want to be as “one” with your marker as you can?

again, I agree, but I just wonder the conditions of his contract and if it's even him.

oh pawlak
05-28-2002, 04:26 PM
As everyone is alread aware, I am personally supported/sponsored by AGD and I am very grateful for the support. Since people need to know what and why, here are the details(not in any order).

1. Our store team played in two tournaments this past weekend(one in Oroville, Ca on Saturday and one in Fortuna, Ca on Sunday). On Saturday, my RT worked well and I had no problem with the gun.

2. On Sunday, I played a few games with the RT; but someone after my 3000lb flatline airsystem was filled to 4000lbs; my valve started to leak and I was unable to safely fix it with the parts at my disposal thus I spent the rest of the day borrowing guns from game to game from my friends who I am very grateful for(Timmy, Impulse, etc).

3. As far as what Brent Jackson would have you believe, it would be incorrect. His team played a great game; but they didn't spank us as he would have you think. We shot Brent and Rue out on the break(every time we play them, it seems like we shoot brent out of the break) and we had 5 players versus their 3 players. Unfortunately, we were unable to close the game and lost the game after shooting 4 out of their 5 players. As far as the complaining goes, Brent did his fair share of yelling also. If you saw the tournament(some teams getting more scores than other teams, scoring changed throughout the day, final positions determined different based on a draw of the card, etc) and the craziness that went on; you too would be vocal about the "changes" throughout the day(just ask Primal Instinct about it also). Last time I checked our record against his team, we have only lost game against him(the one game on Sunday) while they have lost all the other games. BTW: where is my back door to my store you owe me?

A big thanks to Dave at Pineridge Paintball for putting on a great event and for the first place prize of Smart Parts Impules.

final results
1. Predator Factory
2. Momma's Boys
3. Headhunters

Havoc_online
05-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Thank you for your timely and effective response, I was very curious.

rjvemt1
05-28-2002, 05:05 PM
i am suprised that you are just now joining ao! anyway, its good to have ya!

shartley
05-28-2002, 05:42 PM
I thank you as well… best to squash things before they become a monster out of control. ;)

Welcome to AO!

Lentz
05-28-2002, 05:46 PM
Id like to appoligize to OH for putting this up with out knowing all the facts of the situation.

shartley
05-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Id like to appoligize to OH for putting this up with out knowing all the facts of the situation.
Why?

I read your opening post again, and all you did is ask a VALID question. You were not rude, you just asked about something you saw. I personally don’t think you need to apologize for anything. After all he IS an AGD Sponsored Player and WAS seen playing with a marker that was NOT an AGD Marker. This is the place to GET AGD information. You used the forums as they were intended to be used.

Vegeta
05-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Well it is batter to ask and get answers like this than to not ask and go assuming.....

also, Welcome to AO!

M-a-s-sDriver
05-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Interesting. I will clear a few things up.First, the Positive:
I have never seen Oh shoot anything BUT some kind of Automag since I have known of him, about 8 years. Because of that, he is a great shot, never to be underestimated. I have looked up to him as a pro since I had the pleasure of playing with him and Dirk from the old Ironmen some years back. That is what I model my playing style after. HE used to be skinny, but now he is slow and fat, so he is easier to hit.
;)
Anyway, he has been AGD to the bone himself, even though everyone at Predator seems to have gone WDP.
As for the Tournament:It was Saturday, May 25th in Oroville, not Sunday. The Momma's Boys won it, and we were third. There were pro players, ex-pros, some Dynasty guys, some Pan-am guys, all playing under different team names, so I can't remember who was who. The reffing was very bad, Oh is right about that. Our team supplied the Ultimate airfield, and we are good friends with the Combat Zone guys, but the players could push the young reffs about badly, and the experienced teams knew it, and took advantage. Scores were uncertain, finals were changed on the fly, and it was very confusing.
In our game against Pred, I took 4 steps out and got hit on my hopper. My Richochet. On my Warp. An excellent shot, and some bad luck. Rue got hit as I am walking out. I walk past Mikey with his barrel off his Angel, cleaning out the paint. Johnnymo loaded 4 balls into the barrel of his cocker. At least OUR "O" is sitting in the 50 with the flag which he got off the break. Not good.
As Me and Rue are watching from the Box, the Pred guy in the 50 turns his head away, so PFB "O" pops up and shoots him on the head and side and goes back down. That guy, without checking for a hit, reaches over the bunker and tries to do "O", who has tucked in, so Johnnymo shoots him again in the chest.That player goes back in the bunker until a reff finally comes over to pull him. Johnnymo then shoots the guy up on his opposite tape. That guy waits for a reff. Number three has moved to the 50 to bunker "O", and Johnny shoots him in the knees in a hole in the bunkers. Still in. Mikey moves to the 50 tape dorito, Oh moves up a bunker and Mikey puts 2 or three on his right pack. He does'nt bother to check. You could hear the slap. OH has only been playing paintball since he was 10 years old, so maybe he did'nt know he was hit. Meantime, "O" is on his back aiming up when the 50 guy pops up to bunker him, facing the wrong spot, and "O" shoots his head, he spins, shoots "O" then starts to argue. Johnny shoots him again. Reff pulls him. And "O". Number 4 slides into the 50 and Johnny shoots the hole again, hitting the guy's arm several times with bright pink, broken paint, right about where you wear your watch. He never looks. About this time either the guy with PINK paint on his pack, or the guy with PINK paint broken on his arm shoots out Mikey. Johnny leans over his bunker and shoots the guy with the PINK paint on his pack again, only this time on his left side where the reff can see, and he gets pulled. With time running out, the guy with the hits on his arm comes out to bunker Johnny who shoots him some more. He keeps coming. Having seen enough,I start screaming from the dead box to pull the a-hole. The reffs should have penalised me. They pull the guy, we hang the flag. Another team that was there tells me they have video, and were stunned. They will not be coming back to Oroville to play.
For the Record, Pink Fluffy Ballerinas have a winning record against Predator in games won, but not in tournaments won.
I said "hi" to Oh at the beginning of the day, and commented on his RT, and he graciously ignored me. Apparently he still knows who I am, because apparently I owe him a door from the last time I worked on his store, about 1994 I think. I will go visit him and see if I can find that door, and square things up with him, since my memory of the event escapes me.
Oh yea... I threw a big fit at the end of that game, yelling to the crowd that that was the best "playing on" I had ever seen, and how glad I was to see PFB shoot out 9 guys in under 7 minutes. At a 5 man tourny.
Oh, you are well known my man. Jeesus, people find pictures of you and keep up with your career. I find it an honor to not only play against you, but to win. How about some appropriate behavior? How about sticking around and conversing with some of these players you left, saying "Man, was that Oh Pawlack?", instead of just driving off pissed. We all had a bad day, including a team that drove 6 hours to play 4 games and get waxed all day, and payed 200 dollars entry, 8 cases of paint, and expenses for the priviledge.
Indignant, Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

Maui PFB
05-29-2002, 02:12 AM
WOW!!!!!
SOS JUST A DIFFERENT ISLAND I GUESS!!!