PDA

View Full Version : smart valve or retro valve?

DoctorStox
05-26-2002, 11:53 PM
hey, i have a micromag (i'll attach a pic). i was gonna try and add cash to my 3 star micro valve and get a retro valve. then somebody on here offered to trade me for a smart valve. i wa sjust wondering what u guys had to say about this. he also mentioned somethign called a magic box. i know my bit about paintball and mags, or at least i like to think i do, but these are new to me (the magic box and smart valve). once again, let me know what u guys think, spread the luv fellas, spread the luv (or information for this matter)

thei3ug
05-27-2002, 12:00 AM
They want to trade you for the smart valve because they raised the volume of the dump chamber, and the smart valves have shootdown.

in fact, the magic boxes are just a tube covered with a "black box." it's a conversion to a smart valve before they made the mod internal.

that being said, I wish I had one. I think the black box is funny.

spazzed
05-27-2002, 12:02 AM
So to sum it up, don't do it.

BTAutoMag
05-27-2002, 12:25 AM
go for the smart valve:D then again i am a little biased. and something to mention. they go easy on paint and with nitro you shouldnt have too much shootdown

Jonno06
05-27-2002, 08:56 AM
GET THE ReTro VALVE...its like getting a new gun,once you shoot retro,you will never go back,never i tell you,never!

thei3ug
05-27-2002, 09:00 AM
wow what a throwback to the 70's black power movement Jonno.

Panzerr
05-27-2002, 10:48 AM
There is absolutely no comparison between the ReTro Valve and a "Smart" Valve. I once owned a SmartMag and it was nothing special. The only difference between the classic valve and the smart valve you will notice is the shootdown you will have with the "Smart" Valve. Get the Retro. It's like getting a whole new gun.

Flamebo
05-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Retro, no contest. The smart valve was a scam. If you don't believe me, check which one was discontinued.

RT_Luver
05-27-2002, 11:52 AM
get a retro, the smart valve was put on smart mags and have a lower shooting pressure and while it have to MUCh harm done to it, it didn't help it any. the retro will increase your game(or atleast their fn to play with)

DoctorStox
05-27-2002, 05:39 PM
sorry BT AutoMag, but i think i will have to pass on the smart valve. i am prob gonna go retro if i can find a trade for my 3 star micro valve and cash, if anybody wants to take me up on that offer...lmk