PDA

View Full Version : Deactivating the ReTro Valve regulator..... help

ScoobYSnax
05-27-2002, 10:45 AM
What's up all? I haven't been very pleased with my mag's consistency with the ReTro valve. And even if I did follow the correct chrono procedure, that's not how you will shoot in a game, so it doesn't really matter. But to get better consistency, I was thinking of using a Max-flo Vert reg. Now, I've heard it would cause shootdown usin that + the reg in the ReTro valve, so to fix that, I've heard of removing the reg pin & seat, and it would be fine.

So, just removing those two things will allow me to use an external reg like the max-flo? I will see no shootdown at all, and the consistency will be as good as the max-flo reg, correct? Or will the consistency be lower because the air is still traveling through the air valve?

I'd appreciate any insight on this, especially from people who have actually done this! THanks guys, and let me now!

CpSuPeRkId
05-27-2002, 10:58 AM
Ok, it sounds like it could work, except its basically pointless,you would be spending alot of money on a vert reg,you would most likely get LOTS of shootdown cuz the rt valve is insanely fast at recharging and i doubt that the max flo is too. and if you are that picky about consistency at the chrono.... well WHO CARES. if the gun rips out the paint ON THE FIELD and is accurate, THEN WHO CARES IF THERES LIKE A 0 to 5 fps increase or decrease.and i doubt it would help, but try cleaning and regreasing the piston area for some more consistency

subbeh
05-27-2002, 11:08 AM
Consistancy effects accuracy...

Max-Flo would work OK, it recharges quickly as far as I know...

Jonno06
05-27-2002, 11:16 AM
i get real bad consinstancy,like +- 100fps,no joke...

FrAuStY
05-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Jonno06, you sure you aren't short-strokin? I know if you don't hold the trigger of the RT back when chronoing you'll get like +/- 20 fps differences.. but I've never heard of 100 FPS. I wish I had more experience with the RT and retro valves.. soon I'll be getting a retro :D When you're out on the field ripping paint with consistent trigger pulls (speed and pull length) the air never gets a chance to heat up and the velocity spikes come back down to +/- 5 or less. At least that was my experience with a friends Old School R/T (4 years at least) Sounds like you got something wrong.. maybe I'm wrong but eek.. 100 fps?

BlackVCG
05-27-2002, 11:43 AM
If you're having consistency problems, you have a problem with your valve not being oiled, the reg. seat being bad or your reg. valve pin being bad. This is provided your paint and barrel are good and the bolt you're using is stock AGD. You should be getting at least +/- 5 fps consistently if your valve is working properly.

Jonno06
05-27-2002, 11:51 AM
so I have to hold the trigger back???

i use a freak,it might be the oil thing,i just oiled it now......but,i dont have a chrono.:(