PDA

View Full Version : Finaly got a PS2 but....

-Jôker-
05-27-2002, 12:37 PM
i need a mem. card!!!!! :rolleyes: any one wanna sell one to me? btw this doesnt have to be in classifieds does it? if it does sry i wasnt sure:rolleyes:

gimp
05-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Check out a pawn shop. People trade in their PS2s and they usually give the memory card with it. You can find them for like 10 bucks there.

Sort of off note, but related to PS2. Mine won't read the old PS2 games (the blue ones), and it won't play CDs half the time either. It just won't read the CDs. Anyone else have that problem?

CRASHKING
05-27-2002, 03:24 PM
mine works great no problems(knocks on wood):D

-Jôker-
05-27-2002, 03:51 PM
NO STORES have them in stock here i cant find them any where thats why i came here

dansim
05-27-2002, 04:14 PM
dont worry theyll come around again i had teh same problem i just left gta3 on untill i got one

-Jôker-
05-27-2002, 05:00 PM
isnt that bad for it danism? i dont want my brand new baby messed up..... how long did you leave it on for?

dansim
05-27-2002, 05:47 PM
well 4 days i just unplugged the cord from the tv and put a fan in front of it to cool it during the day

obsolete898
05-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Yea if it's cool it should be ok. Just don't do it all thew time.

CRASHKING
05-27-2002, 06:06 PM
i misunderstanding here but dansim why did you do this?

dansim
05-27-2002, 06:09 PM
no memory card i left it one cause i got pretty far on the second time i played it and didnt want to do it all over agian

LittleKrems
05-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by gimp
Check out a pawn shop. People trade in their PS2s and they usually give the memory card with it. You can find them for like 10 bucks there.

Sort of off note, but related to PS2. Mine won't read the old PS2 games (the blue ones), and it won't play CDs half the time either. It just won't read the CDs. Anyone else have that problem?

i heard that if you use dvds in ps2s the laser gets fudged up

CRASHKING
05-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by LittleKrems

i heard that if you use dvds in ps2s the laser gets fudged up

i doubt that bc it was made to read it + i use mine for dvds and it works great (again knocks on wood)

-Jôker-
05-27-2002, 10:02 PM
yea im pretty for into GTA3 to and ive restarted bout 3 times and messed around doin nothin till i went crazy.. i love trhe game but it gets really old doin the same thinhgs over and over i guess ill leave it on tonight and after work tm run over and check best buy out again... they said they should get some more.... i also wonder if circuit city might have them? but if any wants to sell one to me id would love them forever :p

CRASHKING
05-28-2002, 10:45 AM
almost any electronic store should have them and yes circuit city has them.

also you could use the flying car code and just fly your way over that broken bridge :)

BTAutoMag
05-28-2002, 11:23 AM
i have the same problem with my cube... but my grafics can kick PS2's little aluminum butt

FutureMagOwner
05-28-2002, 02:18 PM
the ps2 broke my first game(x-squad i loved that game for the first 3 levels) it was one of the blue bottem discs

the ps2 has a problem with most audio cds and blue bottemed discs because they tend to be thicker or something like that and get scratched by the laser thing

despite the fact that sony gets 100's letters and emails everyday saying that some guys blue disc wont play anymore sony refuses to admit there is a problem.

gamepro got something like 258928598 letters from its readers about it and finally did something, they called up sony and they proceded to lie and say it didnt happen.

also sony is in it for the money not the games itself. because aparently they have every playstation planned out up until something like 11 and they can supposedly make each one right now(that particular part is unconfirmed)

theraidenproject
05-28-2002, 08:27 PM
I lost my memory card in the move. I'm very pissed. I had two completed games of Armored Core, two completed games of GTA3, and one completed, and one half way game of MGS2. I guess I'll just get a new one and play a lot over the summer, but there weren't any at the Wiz when I was there yesterday.

paintbattler
05-28-2002, 08:34 PM
lol, it prob does need to go there...

-Jôker-
05-30-2002, 10:26 AM
yea ive alresdy done that to crashking,.. i evwen got out a tank and flew around in it literally got to shoreside vale even... but yippi i found a mem card at a wal-mart waaaaayy on the other side of town :D and now ive made it to donald loves missions and about to get on azukas 2nd set of missions :D

pumpamatic
06-01-2002, 12:08 AM
Let's do some bragging about GTA3, who here has found 80 packages without a single cheat or help? Props to me.
How about finding every car for the secret garage in Portland with out any cheat or help? Again me

Ok that's about it I've beat the game but I still can't fly the dodo worth a darn or complete hardly any fire missions in the 3rd island.

FutureMagOwner
06-01-2002, 06:32 PM
hmm havent played gta3 in a while maybe cuz i beat the kill salvatore mission and forget to save(i killed that guy like 9285928 times now)

Kai
06-01-2002, 07:30 PM
also sony is in it for the money not the games itself.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. If you want to stand there and say that Nintendo and Microsoft are <i>NOT</i> in it for the money...Jesus Christ.

because aparently they have every playstation planned out up until something like 11 and they can supposedly make each one right now(that particular part is unconfirmed)

If you can find me <i>ONE</i> reliable source that supports that ignorant babble, I will throw myself in front of a speeding train.

I also need to say that I have never had a problem playing the blue disks or music CDs on my PS2...and I do indeed watch DVDs on it also.

paintbattler
06-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
this doesnt have to be in classifieds does it?
probably...

FutureMagOwner
06-03-2002, 04:04 PM
when i say they are in it for the money i mean they dont give a rats butt after it sold pretty much and there is evidence and is kinda obvious that they have they have their systems planned why do you think they are coming out with ps3 next year? they dont need to they ran the ps1 pretty much to the ground they arent doing that with the ps2 despite the fact it could most likely live longer than the ps1 did

Kai
06-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
there is evidence and is kinda obvious that they have they have their systems planned why do you think they are coming out with ps3 next year?

Of course they know that they have more systems on the way...so does Microsoft and Nintendo, but to say that they have the technology that will lead all the way up to the eleventh console is completely unbelievable.

PS3 next year??? Check your sources and get back to me on that one.

CRASHKING
06-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Kai
I also need to say that I have never had a problem playing the blue disks or music CDs on my PS2...and I do indeed watch DVDs on it also.

i guess you and me are two lucky sob's because everyone else is having prob with there's lol

TransMan
06-04-2002, 07:40 PM
i heard that the program that it uses to play DVD's was messing up in like 1/3 of PS2's thats y Microsoft put there dvd program into a little plug in thing sony did the same thing with playstations in japan i guess they just didnt care about the US gamers see this is y i love my XBOX that and the fact that i dont have to have a memory card :D

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 07:42 PM
I never had any problem with PS2 or my XBOX. My buddy has had his PS2 since launch and it works great.

theraidenproject
06-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Mine has not messed up once. It plays DVDs fine. The only thing that ever happened to it was the controller cords were tangeled, so my friend just pulled on all of them, and the ps2 fell on the ground. The disc tray was stuck and it made weird noises. After a few days, I finally pried it open, put back in the disc, turned it on, and it was fine.

gibby
06-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Show your love and support to all the game developers and fellow AO'er! BUY SPIDER-MAN: The Movie Game. Why? Well...um...because I worked on it! ;)

Actually, for those of you who have played it, please feel free to let me know what you liked or disliked about the game. :)

ShooterJM
06-06-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by obsolete898
I never had any problem with PS2 or my XBOX. My buddy has had his PS2 since launch and it works great.

Yeah I got my PS2 a week after it came out. Worked perfectly for a long time, but now refuses to play certain games.

Only have a couple blue bottoms, but they're kept in perfect condition, they just freeze up EXACTLY 4 minutes and 38 seconds into the game. It's weird. I've totally dissassembled the PS2, cleaned it, checked connections, checked laser, etc. Reassemebled it and it still won't work (no I didn't screw it up, everything else works perfectly even some scratched games that barely worked before work now). Sucks. I freakin want to play hockey.

gibby
06-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

Yeah I got my PS2 a week after it came out. Worked perfectly for a long time, but now refuses to play certain games.

Only have a couple blue bottoms, but they're kept in perfect condition, they just freeze up EXACTLY 4 minutes and 38 seconds into the game. It's weird. I've totally dissassembled the PS2, cleaned it, checked connections, checked laser, etc. Reassemebled it and it still won't work (no I didn't screw it up, everything else works perfectly even some scratched games that barely worked before work now). Sucks. I freakin want to play hockey.

You know, freeze ups are usually the results of overheating. Either the processors or the memory or both might not be the proper cooling. Try putting the PS2 in a well ventilated space and maybe point a fan to it. That could help. That or there are console coolers that would do the trick.

ShooterJM
06-07-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by gibby

You know, freeze ups are usually the results of overheating. Either the processors or the memory or both might not be the proper cooling. Try putting the PS2 in a well ventilated space and maybe point a fan to it. That could help. That or there are console coolers that would do the trick.

yeah thought of that, but it's not it. Always freezes 4 min 38 sec into that game (and only that game) whether it's after playing 4 hours of max payne or if it's the first time the ps2 has been on that day and it's suspended in front of our air conditioning vents. No visable scratches. Nothing. It's stumping me. The only thing is that the music and SFX on the game stop at about 4 min 20 sec and then 18 sec later the game freezes. If it was a RDRAM freeze I think the graphics would freeze first. That's why I think it's a messed up read error somehow.

-Jôker-
06-07-2002, 02:33 PM
the freezing of the game 4 minutes and sum odd seconds into the game is a conspiracy!!! :p and dang this thread got a lot of replies for just being me complaining about nnot having a mem card

ShooterJM
06-07-2002, 02:39 PM
the freezing of the game 4 minutes and sum odd seconds into the game is a conspiracy!!! :p and dang this thread got a lot of replies for just being me complaining about nnot having a mem card

yeah, hey check out ebay BTW. I got my mem card there for like 5 bucks.

-Jôker-
06-07-2002, 03:52 PM
i got one finaly :D

ShooterJM
06-07-2002, 03:55 PM
i got one finaly :D

cool cool