PDA

View Full Version : My reg unscrews from the body. What should I do?

BMOE
05-27-2002, 01:50 PM
My regulator on my AutoMag unscrews from the body when I play for a while.
And you guys that know the automag knows what that mean, yes, that the air donīt get regulated and I get about 400fps or more if the ball donīt brake, and thatīs not fun at all...

What should I do?

FrAuStY
05-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Make sure you have a z-lock pin. Its located on the back half of the reg assembly. If this is missing..it will allow the back half of the reg to unscrew as you shoot. You can get these from Dropzone paintball for like 1$

BMOE
05-27-2002, 02:41 PM
I know what you meen, but I canīt have one of those in my regulator because I do not have a original reg and it isnīt made for it.

rjvemt1
05-27-2002, 03:00 PM
are you sure there are not three little holes on the underside of the reg.? the first and the third are oil holes, the middle hole that is of to the side is for inserting that role pin. if you dont have that then you should by a new reg from the parts dept. of agd.

FrAuStY
05-27-2002, 03:27 PM
rjvemt1- Agreed!

I have an ANS phase two reg (even though some peoople hate them.. I have nothing bad to say) And it came with one in it. Unless its some cheap-o it should have a hole for one. Look at the diagram on www.airgun.com and see where it goes. Once you know where it goes... tap a z-lock pin in it, and that should stop the reg from backing out. I believe every aftermarket charger/reg has a hole for this pin. Its a necessity(sp?) otherwise.. you'll have the problem you're having :)

I believe the Z-lock pin is located in the very back hole (if it were mounted on gun). The front two holes may have the word OIL between them.

rjvemt1
05-27-2002, 03:37 PM
thats not the only problem, if that thing unscrews to far while your shootin that reg body would nail you in the face with 900+- psi pushin it!:eek: