PDA

View Full Version : Dye SS

AcemanPB
05-27-2002, 03:53 PM
everyone out there who has used a dye SS 10 inch barrel....

is this barrel efficent (how many inches till porting and how much of it?)

did it's weight present any type of problems

is the barrel quiet

and last but not least what was your overall impression of this barrel

a_malfunction
05-27-2002, 06:02 PM
My brother has one. It shoots pretty good. It has 6 1/4" before the ports. The weight is actually quite useful. He has a steel 68ci tank that is quite hefty as well. The barrel helps balance the gun. It isnt all that loud, but it has a very distinctive pinging sound when you shoot it. My brother really likes it. I personally think that it is a good barrel as well, but that there are better deals (barrels that shoot just as good for cheaper).

AcemanPB
05-27-2002, 06:15 PM
hmmmm do they make lapco's (auto or bigshot) in 10in? I'm looking for a 10 inch barrel but one with porting only at the tip of the barrel to cut back on noise and keep the same efficency

Will Wood
05-27-2002, 07:11 PM
I have one for trade. I'm looking for an Armson, Venturi, or freak (Who isn't) If you're interested PM me.

tranman
05-27-2002, 07:15 PM
I have one, it doesnt weigh that much since its a short barrel, great for playing tight, but i think its too short for me, its hard to sight a long the barrel and hard to get lined up for a quick snap shot. I'm trading mine for a 14" boomstick though

Skoad
05-27-2002, 08:51 PM
I don't know for sure but, doesn't the stock minimag barrel have no porting? Just drill your own :)

(i could be wrong)