PDA

View Full Version : EMAG BAttery

PigSweat
05-27-2002, 04:16 PM
Hey all, just a quick question for Rob, or ne one else that know a lot about the electronics side of pball.

Would it be possible to run:

-My HyperFrame
-My Warp
-My Revy

off an E-mag barrery? Or at least any combination of those 2?

Thx, LMK

Load SM5
05-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Warp and Revy...sure. Lots of people do it. Not sure about the hyperframe.

Dubstar112
05-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Pigsweat, Ive seen it done... But, Im not sure what was powered off the battery(I know the hyperframe was.. but not sure about warp or revvy)

However, I have an intersting way to mount the Emag battery. I saw a picture of a dovetail that fit perfect on an Emag battery, and the person had fixed this to the front of the trigger guard. Then slid the Emag battery on like a normal Emag :) I wish I knew where I saw that pic...

Also, if anyone knows the max input voltage wise for a Hyperframe this would be helpful.

PigSweat
05-27-2002, 04:32 PM
That's what I am hoping. I want to run them all off the E-mag battery for 2 reasons:

1.) Reduce my current 9volt usage (it takes 5 9v to run my setup!)
2.)I love the battery as a foregrip, tryed it on Emags, I dunno, it just fits me.

But I'm hoping Rob will post here, along with some insight onto how to go about doing this ;)

BlackVCG
05-27-2002, 04:44 PM
My suggestion is to just get rechargeable Plainview 9.6V's. Six of those plus two Tri-Chargers will run about $90 shipped. Trying to make the setup work with an E-Mag battery is going to be a big mess. You're going to have to find a place to mount it, setup an on/off switch, wiring harness with voltage regulators and 9v snaps. I just don't see the point in it. Pro Team Products has a setup that is built as a central power station to run different accessories off of, but I don't know much about it. I still think that until hoppers start getting designed with input jacks for power and the same with Warps, the best way to go is just rechargeable 9v's for each unit.

PigSweat
05-27-2002, 04:46 PM
Taht's a good idea, where do I find info on these 9.6vs?

Dubstar112
05-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Ill see if I can find that pic, It looked cool.

Yeah, I have an identical set-up...

hrmm.. I once tried to find 18 volt RC car batteries.

I looked, but I couldnt find 18volt pre-assembled batteries for RC cars, But at a local hobby shop I saw a kit to make an 18v rechargable cell..

BlackVCG
05-27-2002, 04:51 PM
Here are the batteries.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/9v-nimh-batteries-chargers.htm

Here's the charger you want.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/pb-tri-charger.htm

RT_Luver
05-27-2002, 08:36 PM
I know you can run the warp and revy of it. heres a link thats tell you how to hook an e-mag to warp and revy. not sure if it tells you how to just hook battery to them www.robagd.com