PDA

View Full Version : ..... scary

AcemanPB
05-27-2002, 09:15 PM
"AUSTELL, Georgia (AP) -- An amusement park worker was killed when he wandered into the path of an upside-down roller coaster and was struck in the head by a passenger's dangling legs.

Officials at Six Flags Over Georgia were unsure how or why the 58-year-old foreman walked into the locked, no-access area on "Batman, The Ride" on Sunday.

Police identified the man as Samuel Milton Guyton of Atlanta. He had worked at the park since February.

Six Flags General Manager John Odum said he would not have had any reason to be in the area.

"All no-access areas are clearly marked and all employees are cautioned not to enter these areas at any time," said park spokeswoman Lisa Bigazzi-Tilt. "It was very bad judgment."

Passengers on the 50 mph roller coaster are strapped into seats that are attached to a track above them. Milton was struck by a 14-year-old girl whose legs were dangling from the front car and he died Sunday in a hospital.

The girl was hospitalized with leg injuries and released, authorities said.

The ride, which is 109 feet tall and has been open since 1997, was shut down Sunday for inspection by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration. It was deemed safe for passengers and reopened Monday"

- CNN

I was at sixflags that day, on that very ride, i saw the man get hit and killed ... i don't what to say

it's just scary

Please everyone let us show are sympathies to Mr. Guyton's family

personman
05-27-2002, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I heard about that... it really sucks..
This is why I dont ride rollor coasters(besides the mine train one in six flags :rolleyes: )/break into maintiance areas of rides.

xmetal2001
05-27-2002, 09:55 PM
Thats horrible. I was there that day too, and stayed until they closed, and heard nothing of this. Thats really scary, i rode that ride that day too

AcemanPB
05-27-2002, 09:57 PM
it happened around 5pm, all the security people rushed everyone out of the "gotham city" area, i still can't believe he died...

-Jôker-
05-27-2002, 10:18 PM
sounds to me like the guy either didnt know whathe was doing or had a death wish.... i mean look

"All no-access areas are clearly marked and all employees are cautioned not to enter these areas at any time," said park spokeswoman Lisa Bigazzi-Tilt. "It was very bad judgment."

im not trying to be rude or disrespectful its really sad but i wanna know what he was thinkin or what he was doin i
bet the people who were are really freaked out.... a few years ago a lady hung herself down the road from here and every time i go by there i get the creeps and if i would of actually been there when her husbund found her... police got there etc i would feel REALLY freaked out every timr i weent by there

FooTemps
05-27-2002, 11:00 PM
that's horrible... my deepest sympathies...

InfinatyBPS
05-27-2002, 11:11 PM
Ya, that is sad, a few years back a "mentaly challenged" boy fell out of the Drop Zone at Great America(about 20 mins from my house) and that was a bit of a shock...

MrMag
05-28-2002, 12:02 AM
i remember a few of those stories.

on top gun at great america someone's hat had fallen off across a fence while on the ride. they jumped over the fence and got and were then dicapitated.

and in la (not sure which park) a woman working at the park was running across the tacks quickly for some unknown reason and was hit by the train.

BE CAREFUL AT AMUSEMENT PARKS!

sixflagsfreak
09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I live 20 min from six flags new england in massachussettes....last yr 2004 may 21st a man was riding SUPERMAN:Ride of STEEL (I'll explain what this ride is all about....) the ride was comming into a very sharp corner an fell out of his seat...on the way to the ground his left hand was ran over by the train...an yes he died...the recieved something like 2.4 mill.........

Do not use this forum as a cheap form of advertising, do anything similar again and you will be no longer welcome here, show some respect for the loss of life....MarkM

Second Edit, strike my previous comment...I didn't notice the dates of this thread so you obviously only joined purely to advertise....Bye!

BobTheCow
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
2002... today... 1 post... largely incomprehensible... so confused :(

MadPSIence
09-14-2005, 12:31 PM
"some kinda bruce lee .. cross-kick! or something"

-dave chappelle

Kai
09-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Milton Guyton? Come on now. What kind of name is that?

Probably the one his mother gave him ;)...MarkM