PDA

View Full Version : Trigger jobs

minimag187
05-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Can anyone tell me how to do the on/off and sear mods to make the trigger a few millimeters?

Thanks

tmill
05-27-2002, 11:03 PM
if its for emag:
1. take off the top half of your gun (unscrew the feild strip screw and the one right next to the top of you trigger and the one on the right side of the body that uses an allen wrench and is kind of recessed into the body right above the trigger (the trigger swings on this screw))

2. put the mode selector on e

3. take a little allen wrench and adjust the screw inside the little thing that swivels when the selector is turned such that the trigger moves the distance you want it too, you can also take out the magnets (gold colored just the side of the selector) by putting the slector on m and pulling the trigger all the way and touching them with an allen, then put as many as you want back in (1 is best if your mostly gonna be using electric trigger imo)

4. turn the gun on

5. engage the manual safety

6. pull the trigger

7. if it didnt click (or doesn't click every time) you hafta adjust the screw inside the trigger (its right in the middle of it, and you hafta adjust it very lightly cause it can mess things up)

8. repeat 6,7 until it work the wayt you want

!! be careful with 7 because that screw can easily be screwed in too far and the hall sensor will always be being activated and will lock up the electronics (you can tell by pressing one of the buttons and just seeing random dots on the screen), in this case just screw it back out and keep going

hope this helps

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 02:27 AM
I'm assuming this is NOT for an E-Mag. In that case, you can't do a trigger job to any Mag other than an E-Mag. Mags are just too high tolerance of guns for people to be taking files to the parts and grinding things down with dremels. The way the trigger is setup on the stock frame is as good as it will get and it will get better with some use after the parts break-in. The only real trigger job you can do is add a double trigger frame like the Intelliframe with blade trigger. That has a short crisp pull and is lighter because of the increased leverage from the blade trigger. Any other mods you try to do to the Mag to make the trigger better will generally lead to the parts wearing down too fast, the gun operating worse or other problems you could have otherwise avoided.

BTAutoMag
05-28-2002, 11:48 AM
well you can but if you do everyone on the forum will hate you cause youre not spose to

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 11:52 AM
If you say so... Why do you think you're not suppose to in the first place? Maybe because it's bad for your gun? The only reason people get on others for adding aftermarket parts, doing trigger jobs and the like is because it's bad for the gun and just a stupid thing to do. It's not because everyone out there just decides to hate anyone that does a trigger job. It's not good for the gun so don't waste your time doing it. It's that simple.

sicones
05-28-2002, 12:22 PM
I heard of someone doing a rear limiter to reduce how far back the trigger pull is, whats wrong with this if it’s adjustable and doesn’t interfere with the trigger rod, on/off assembly etc. could it be done without any adverse effects???

FrAuStY
05-28-2002, 12:39 PM
I don't believe so since it wouldn't allow the on/off pin to travel the full distance need to completely close of the dump chamber. This could cause velocity fluctuations and possible sear damage. I do know a guy you did a nice trigger job on a minimag, but it took him several days to get it working right. It was a combination of a new PT spacer, changing rod length, and shortening the on/off pin. He said he'd never embark on that chore again. It shoots nice.. hasn't shown any unusual wear. I just wish My trigger was that short. About 2MM in pull length. IMO.. DON'T DO IT! Learn your trigger and you'll be alright.

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Trigger stops are fine so long as they don't impede on the movement of the trigger necessary to complete the full cycle.

minimag187
05-28-2002, 04:50 PM
At the moment I use a intelliframe and hyperframe. I switch them on and off just to do something different every time. I was just wondering if you can actually make the trigger really short, but as you told me you cant without wearing down the gun etc.