PDA

View Full Version : Hose Help!!

Skoad
05-28-2002, 12:16 AM
Ok, my minimag is on the way...but i need hoses and all that. It has a gas-thru grip..and im going to be running nitro on it..now i went to look at hoses but i don't know which are good and which aren't.

Macroline...microline..steel....which does what and why is it good!?

the macro and micro look almost like youcould cut it to any size.. can ya do that ??

someone give me info on these hoses please! (and an opinion would be nice on which to get):confused: :confused: :confused:

thx!

Skoad

MrMag
05-28-2002, 12:24 AM
macro lines r thicker more durable microlines. i dont believe that microlines r even sold any more (correct me if im wrong). steele hoses from what i have been told r just mcrolines w/ ss over em. if ur lines r going to touch ur gun, and u dont want it scratched up, get macrolines

Cha0tic
05-28-2002, 12:29 AM
macroline is thicker than microline and much better. steel hose is macroline that is braided, pretty much. you will need 4 90 degree fitting and probably a little longer than 12" of macroline to set ya up.

Skoad
05-28-2002, 03:20 AM
It's 3:30 am, and i can't sleep only Cap, AGD, and me are browsing this forum :)

anyway...ok so macro sounds good it is cutable right? how does it attatch to the 90 fittings?

Clare
05-28-2002, 04:58 AM
It's 3:30 am, and i can't sleep only Cap, AGD, and me are browsing this forum
yay! :p

FrAuStY
05-28-2002, 11:06 AM
Go to www.skanline.com and order it from them. I'd get about 18 inches.. just to make sure you have enough. Also get 4 90* fittings. Macroline is very easy to install. You simply insert it into the connector and press it all the way in. when it stops.. you're good. once you have them all in place gas it up and they will self seal. The fittings clamp onto the macro due to the pressure built up. If one leaks..find where its leaking. Macro normally leaks if theres dirt or some other foreign object in the connector. Also if the line isn't cut straight across (end is angled) they may not seal either.

Creative Mayhem
05-28-2002, 02:52 PM
I would go with SS, but if you are going to use SS get everything setup and then measure the length of hose you need. I have stainless hoses, they add a little weight but the asthetic value is woth the negligable difference in weight. My mag is chrome/purple and the hoses add to the whole scheme. I use macro on my drop (for now) untill I get it setup the way I want, then I will buy SS to finish it off right. Take a look at my sig and you can see why.

I know this is more for looks, but thats what I'm into.

Skoad
05-28-2002, 04:13 PM
yea i like looks too :)

i was thinking of going for a blue/black scheme on mine, i like how i can get the macro in different colors, i think i will definately go for them.

thx everyone!

theraidenproject
05-28-2002, 07:38 PM
I would suggest either SS or Parker macro*. Here's the thread about Parker...
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22748&highlight=parker+macro
I have both on my mag. I have SS with a q/d from my valve to ASA, and parker from my gas-through to DZII screw in adapter. Best of both worlds. Both have pros and cons. ie q/d is easiest to disconnect air, but your SS line is a fixed length. repeatedly pulling out and putting in will eventually render the macro useless, but you can just trim it to the length you need it, and its easier to work with. You can't really go wrong with either one.
*Easiest place to get it is Tunaman, right here on AO.