PDA

View Full Version : why was I banned from automags irc chat?

P8ntballerAK
05-28-2002, 01:11 AM
I came home today and I saw I was banned from IRC chat, can someone tell me why?

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 02:12 AM
What's your username in the AO chat?

P8ntballerAK
05-28-2002, 02:34 AM
willN, someone told me it was cause I used Phills name for a while, I registered phills name under me so no one would take it then I took it off when I rejoined I was still phil, I didn't even look at the name. I said a few words left to go play, and when I got back I am banned. I talked to AOARmy about phils nick, I told him I would give it to phil when I saw hiw so no one would register it. He opped me and I deopped me and told him.
I am sorry if it made you mad black, but it would have been worse if some jerk got his name, and got opped.

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 08:52 AM
You were under his name for at least two days. The day before I permanently banned you, you were being very annoying and screwing around in the chatroom. I don't care if someone else could have got his name. With the way things are setup in that chatroom, anyone can use anyone's name until they show up to claim it back if they have it registered. What you shouldn't have been doing was using cphilip's name and especially using it while you were screwing around. It put a bad name on cphilip in my book because I thought you were actually him. You just don't use other people's names in the chat while you're talking. Because everything you say is seen to everyone else as coming from that actual person, not some person behind that name. You could have registered his name or done whatever you were trying to do, but using his name in chat and behaving like you were the night before really makes me mad. I'll consider removing the ban in a day or two.