PDA

View Full Version : Ball breakage, a note for Tom:

Patron God of Pirates
05-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Tom,

Ball chopping and ball breakage seems to be the primary concern with Mags. I saw you asked if 11 bps would be a fast enough firing rate for a mechanical marker that didn't break paint. Most people seemed to prefer higher BPS and having to clean from time to time. It seems that as long as you have a high pressure gun, you are going to chop or break the occasional ball.

Level 10 is supposed to help, but with a mechanical (no ACE) you will still have occasional short strokes. Their doesn't seem to be anyway around that, so how about approaching it from a different perspective.

Why not make the marker easier to clean? Here is a very rough pic of one possibility:

http://www.sunshinevend.com/agd90.jpg

a hinged body like this would make the chamber and bolt face very easy to clean and would release the barrel immediately by lifting it off the pin.

Just a thought.

BTAutoMag
05-28-2002, 11:46 AM
if you notive that you can take off the barrel and the camber and clean them both during a game. why do that when you can just take off the barrel and squegee the chamber and barrel out in one swift motion

Patron God of Pirates
05-28-2002, 12:34 PM
I was more concerned with cleaning the bolt face, breach and feed tube.

sicones
05-28-2002, 02:41 PM
so instead of solving the problem for balls breaks make it easiser to clean you barrel that is just stupid

Havoc_online
05-28-2002, 03:02 PM
Like with most guns, I good clean nicely tuned Mag will not chop(even in high ROF) every single day.

Patron God of Pirates
05-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Tom has said multiple times that "Chopping Balls is user error". And there is such a thing as bad paint.

Everyone using high pressure guns (except for the superhumans here on AO ;) ) chops balls from time to time. Everyone using high pressure guns (except for the superhumans here on AO ;) ) occasionally has a poor ball break in the chamber.

My humble idea would make it easier for those of us who do sometimes short stroke or forget to turn the revy on, to clean our guns and get back in the game.

As for the super humans, why bother with markers, can't you throw 20+ BPS by hand? ;)

Havoc_online
05-28-2002, 03:20 PM
As for the super humans, why bother with markers, can't you throw 20+ BPS by hand?

Last time I did that, I got banned from the field because the trick isnt to throw them by hand at 20+ BPS, it's keeping them under 300 FPS. http://www.mplwebdesign.co.uk/smilies/neenaw.gif

BTAutoMag
05-28-2002, 09:37 PM
how can you get kicked off? when they ask you how fast youre throwing and to chrono just throw it softer:D... they havent made a hand tourny lock:D

PyRo
05-29-2002, 07:39 AM
High pressure vs low pressure has nothing to do with ball breakage.

BTAutoMag
05-29-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by PyRo
High pressure vs low pressure has nothing to do with ball breakage.
true very true. when the pressure gets to the ball it's all the same pressure no matter what the manufacuturor(sp?) says

Bartleby
05-29-2002, 07:49 AM
pyro, i think what they were talking about was the presure behind the bolt. they just said high/low presure for short. and if that's not what you guys meant then shame on you for making me look like an idiot. :D

Patron God of Pirates
05-29-2002, 08:54 AM
Correct Bartleby. Markers like the Shocker don't put enough force behind the bolt to chop paint (or so they claim). You can put your finger in the chamber and fire. Try doing that with a Mag. Yeah, I didn't think so. It is not the air that chops paint, it's the bolt. Pressure behind the bolt effects how hard it hits and how forgiving it is.