PDA

View Full Version : Modify Mini or New RT

jtgeme
05-28-2002, 10:45 AM
Okay, so here I am with a great decision to make: I have a mini-mag that up until two days ago had not been shot in about year - it shots great - added a little oil and shes hummin' along. I am getting back into the game as my friends are all looking to purhcase guns. So my question:

Upgrade my existing mini-mag or purchase a new RT or similar? I currently own the mini-mag, and a Tippmann Pro AM - I can afford a third gun. I look upgrade my minimag and it look as though for a few hundred more I could be looking at a new gun all together (and keep old reliable for showcasing.)

What do you all think? Dive into a new gun or update the existing mini.

FrAuStY
05-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Well.. if I could afford an RT but owned a minimag.. I'd get a retro valve for the mini and pocket the extra cash. Or.. save up some more money get an extreme LVL10 when they get here :)

Will Wood
05-28-2002, 12:59 PM
What he said.
I would rather have a ReTro in my Mini and a back up Tippmann then dealing with three guns. And with the extra cash you could buy more balls and get use of the ReTro!.

jtgeme
05-28-2002, 01:37 PM
What is a Retro Valve?

BOHICA
05-28-2002, 02:12 PM
A retro valve is the valve used in the RT Pro. They are sold to be put in other mags like minis or 68's. They pretty much make your mag perform like a RT Pro. I'd buy that instead of getting a new gun.

Blazingace
05-28-2002, 10:45 PM
B.O.H.I.C.A. Bend Over Here It Comes Again. Very nice sign on. The only time I ever saw that was in a Richard Marcinko book about Navy SEALs. Cool. I live in Jersey also. Actually alot of AOers live here. As to the meaning of this thread. Get the retro and save for an Extreme or SFL E-mag. MMMMMMMM.........SFL E-Mag.

jtgeme
05-29-2002, 09:55 AM
I notice that a lot of people list their serial numbers. Mine is MM00237. I bought it soon after it came out, but what does that really mean.

Schnitzel
05-29-2002, 10:17 AM
you must have an old gun