PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Tourney Mag Players

madmrshn
05-28-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm trying to convince my guys to try a tournament, even if we get crushed. But I'm a little worried about using a mag. One problem I seem to have is velocity consistency. I'm using a Bulldog compressed air with a PMI reg, and still the velocity varies quite a bit. does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

PS: Anyone want to sell a Defiant?

KyleOx1
05-28-2002, 01:05 PM
Well, n2 tanks are expensive as %*$%$&(#, but a new one might help.....

Ultimator
05-28-2002, 01:14 PM
Or if you still want to run Co2 ... talk to BTautomag ... his co2 travels like 1 foot until it gets tot he valve so it's already fully expanded and I think he told me that he gets +-2 at the chrono.

FrAuStY
05-28-2002, 01:22 PM
Depends on how much the velocity fluctuates.. if its less than +/- 5 you should be okay.. if its +/- 10 or more.. it could be a dirty reg seat or a bad one. I noticed when mine started to dome I'd get about +/- 8 once I replaced it I was back to the ole +/- 2, been that way ever since.

Creative Mayhem
05-28-2002, 02:34 PM
I would have to say get another air system, but they are expensive. Go with an adjustable like Air America or Max-flow. They work great, I have an Air America and it gives me a consistent -/+ 2fps MY mag is 9yrs old and the air system is 8 yrs old. The air america/ automag valving are identical in function and design. You can't go wrong with this combo. Of course, this is just my .02

P8ntballerAK
05-28-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
"So there I was,between a rock and a hard place,when suddenly I thought, 'What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

Mahem you have played BattleMechs one too many times!

LOL