PDA

View Full Version : Intelliframe or Z-grip?

BOHICA
05-28-2002, 02:16 PM
I'm new to the world of mags. I wanted to know if the z-grip or the intelliframe is better. I really can't see the advantage in the intelliframe since an agitated hopper does the job quickly anyway. Then again I've never used it. Also, is the z-grip as comfortable as everyone says it is in those reviews on www.pbreview.com ? Also what would work better on a minimag, a venturi barrel or a DYE 10" boomie? Thanks!

Will Wood
05-28-2002, 03:35 PM
I would wait it out and see if they make an Intelli-Z....Get that if/when if comes. Intelli will get you a better trigger, which is the main reason I might buy one.

I got the mag for compactness, which is why I plan on buying a Venturi or similar 8" soon.

BOHICA
05-28-2002, 05:29 PM
When do you think the intelli z-grip will come out? That sounds like a good grip to me. Also, do you think they will make an electro z-grip? That would be cool.

Will Wood
05-28-2002, 05:58 PM
TK has to finish a bunch of other stuff before he can even think about redesigning the Z, so it might be a month or more before he starts, then probably a couple more months to complete it. It will fit Dye Stickies and have Intelli-Feed cabability.

Xzion
05-29-2002, 12:05 AM
Dont be expecting an Electo Z-Grip anytime soon, if at all. the frame would need SERIOUS milling for them to fit a solinoid in so it would work properly, a new, redesigned sear, and a whole lot of time, effort and money put into producing a product that isnt in huge demand. took them over 5 years to sell the first and ONLY run of 500 current Z-Grips, which doesnt instil alot of confidence to make such an expensive frame. all it would produce is a ludecrously expensive frame,that only a few people would buy, therefore making it not worth the while. unfortunate, yet painfully true. :(

And yes, the Z-Grip is extremely comfortable. you should try it to really see if you like it, its usually a love/hate relationship, you'll either love it, or hate it. I personally love mine.

take a look at my Z-Grip setup via the link below my sig.

PyRo
05-29-2002, 07:35 AM
I think they talked about making an electro frame once. He said it would be about 300-400 for a basic reliable electro frame. Now to put that into a Z-grip, figure another $100-$200.
I believe the inteli z-grip is under consideration. A while ago, many people had said they wanted z-grips and would definatly buy them if they were made available. Then when they released 50 more of them, they didn't sell to well.

BOHICA
05-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Ok well I think I like the intelliframe the best, because it sounds like you can shoot faster with it and it is pretty comfortable. So I think I'll go with the intelli. Thanks!