PDA

View Full Version : autococker/automag comparison?

twofortyz
05-28-2002, 02:31 PM
I am trying to decide between an autococker and an automag. I have read many things about each one, and now want to get the opinion of other people. I know that it might be kind of biased so I am going to post this on an autococker site too. I want to know things like which is more accurate, which is quieter, and anything else. I am planning to upgrade the barrel to the freak with whichever gun I get, so don't base the answers on the stock barrel. One barrel might be made better than the other.
Thanks

AcemanPB
05-28-2002, 02:46 PM
AHHH not agian, in case you don't know this is an age old debate that has been going on since the begining of time

but since i'm bored i will answer your questions

- paint to barrel match is what technicaly determines accuarcy so both guns are the same there, there is also pre-coil re-coil and all that jazz but all you have to do is hold the gun tighter :D

- i would say the autococker is more quiet, but since you aren't using the stock barrel i'm not sure, and of course with the cocker you get the click clack noise goin on

- they both weigh about the same but mag might be a little more heavier cause it's Stainles

and of course i would have to say go with mag, mainly because it will never break, and will this new lvl 10 stuff it shouldn't chop either

don't believe anything without the facts

twofortyz
05-28-2002, 06:50 PM
Thanks, any more info would also be helpful

Xen
05-28-2002, 07:18 PM
My friend just bought a race frame for his Freeflow cocker. Its nice and all but every cocker I ever used or played with have been gas hogs. Now this is just from what I have seen, there could be ones that are better on gas than others.

The race frame is very nice but it also is a lot of money. A retro mag with intelli frame and warp is what I use and I can keep up with him. Both are good guns but if you like to tinker with things then the cocker may be for you.

This debate is never going to end so just play with both and see what you like.

chuey
12-10-2002, 12:16 AM
I have play rec ball with seven guys I got a minimag, two have cockers and the other have high end Spyders (Oxymoron?) From what I have experienced and speaking only upon my experience, my mag has been the most consistent throughout the day playing in sub 50 degree weather (everyone is playing with HPA so thats not a factor). The cockers are magnificent when they are working properly. I absolutely love that goofy sound it makes when a ball gets sent through the barrel. They cockers seem like they shoot farther too, whether this is an issue of velocity, I can't say. However by the 4th game or so, the guys with the cockers seem to get in trouble with balls chopping. Particularly my one friend who likes to get down and dirty on the ground crawling for position. I do the same thing in woods games, the only difference is I dunk my gun under water to get it clean. My friends have to field strip and clean the whole gun, they have also lost parts while trying to get their gun back into shape in the 15 minutes or so prior to the next game. Mags are absolutely rugged. This is the single most important difference between the two guns that I have noticed in play. Hope this helps! Those E Spyders are not bad guns at all by the way, their a little noisy but they perform well! They just ain't a cocker or a mag.

toymyster
12-10-2002, 01:25 AM
Oh yes, the cockers hate the cold!! My mags have been working for me time and time again, while at any one point or another at least one of my friends' cocker has been down, and while they are loosing game time trying to get their gun fixed, I'm playing and having a good time!!! To me, that has been the biggest diferrence between cockers and mags, reliability!!! The range, accuracy, rate of fire, etc.. are pretty much the same in both markers!!

joeyjoe367
12-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Find out which gun you like to dry-fire better.

If all you're concerned about is how the ball comes out the barrel, then all guns are pretty much the same.

It's HOW you get it out of the barrel that matters. Check out both guns, and see which you're more happy pulling the trigger behind.