PDA

View Full Version : Shootdown...

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
05-28-2002, 02:39 PM
I think i have a classic case of shoot down...(shoot down is where each consisting shot drops in velocity...right) well anyhow my friend just got a new mag wit a pmi 68ci/3000psi nitro tank, brand new out of the box, the second time we were testing it out we noticed around the 3rd shot drops immensely in velocity, we will be shooting around 295fps and the 3rd ball will go 20 feet....how does he solve the prob? thanks

PyRo
05-29-2002, 07:47 AM
You are probably shortstroking. Be sure that you are fully pulling back, and fully releaseing the trigger.

AGDPride
05-31-2002, 02:25 PM
I am the friend of Mad Cow, it is my mag. I just wanted to make sure that there couldn't be any other problems with it, because im pretty sure i dont short stroke it on the 3rd shot.

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 02:33 PM
Does the gun work with a different tank? If it does..You may want to try not screwing the tank in all the way. Once you hear the gun gas up turn the tank another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and see if that helps.

If it doesn't work with another tank..unscrew the tank and pull the trigger to make sure its not charged. Then screw the velocity adjuster in until it bottoms out. Then unscrew it about where it was.. re-chrono it and see if it shoots good.

Butterfingers
05-31-2002, 04:53 PM
unscrew your tank 1/4 turn then retry.